M S Ewer
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Characteristics of cardiac arrest in cancer patients as a predictor of survival after cardiopulmonary resuscitationM S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 92:1905-12. 2001....
- Cardiac dysfunction after cancer treatmentMichael S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 38:248-52. 2011..It is to this end that our working together has brought us to our present understanding. In the future, we may expect onco-cardiology to play an even greater role in the care of cancer patients...
- Cardiotoxicity of anticancer treatments: what the cardiologist needs to knowMichael S Ewer
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Rev Cardiol 7:564-75. 2010..In an effort to maximize both quality of life and survival, cardiologists and oncologists should collaborate with the aim of balancing the risks of cardiotoxicity with the benefits of oncologic therapy...
- A woman's heart: the impact of adjuvant endocrine therapy on cardiovascular healthMichael S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 115:1813-26. 2009..Cancer 2009. (c) 2009 American Cancer Society...
- Cardiac toxicity of trastuzumab-related regimens in HER2-overexpressing breast cancerMichael S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:600-7. 2007....
- A historical perspective of anthracycline cardiotoxicityMichael S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Heart Fail Clin 7:363-72. 2011....
- Reversibility of trastuzumab-related cardiotoxicity: new insights based on clinical course and response to medical treatmentMichael S Ewer
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7820-6. 2005..However, trastuzumab is associated with cardiotoxicity that has not yet been fully explored. We present our experience with patients who developed trastuzumab-related cardiotoxicity...
- Cardiac safety of liposomal anthracyclinesMichael S Ewer
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Semin Oncol 31:161-81. 2004..Further results are eagerly awaited from ongoing controlled trials of cardiac safety with long-term liposomal anthracycline therapy, either alone or in combination with other potentially cardiotoxic agents...
- Type II chemotherapy-related cardiac dysfunction: time to recognize a new entityMichael S Ewer
Departments of Cardiology and Clinical Cancer Prevention and Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2900-2. 2005
- Outcome and cost implications of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the medical intensive care unit of a comprehensive cancer centerSusannah K Wallace
Department of Medical Informatics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 214, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Support Care Cancer 10:425-9. 2002..Providing assurances that care will remain appropriate, aggressive, and in accordance with the patient's and family's wishes can optimize compassionate care while avoiding futile life-sustaining interventions...
- Congestive heart failure in patients treated with doxorubicin: a retrospective analysis of three trialsSandra M Swain
National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Cancer 97:2869-79. 2003....
- Cardiac safety of lapatinib: pooled analysis of 3689 patients enrolled in clinical trialsEdith A Perez
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:679-86. 2008..To analyze the cardiac safety of lapatinib, an oral, reversible, tyrosine kinase EGFR (ERBB1) and HER2 inhibitor, using prospective data collected in 44 clinical studies...
- Cardiotoxicity profile of trastuzumabSteven M Ewer
The Division of Cardiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Drug Saf 31:459-67. 2008..Increased vigilance is appropriate for higher risk patients...
- Left ventricular ejection fraction and cardiotoxicity: is our ear really to the ground?Michael S Ewer
J Clin Oncol 26:1201-3. 2008
- Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity and the cardiac-sparing effect of liposomal formulationAtiar M Rahman
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 2:567-83. 2007..In the case of liposomal doxorubicin, cardiotoxicity is reduced significantly. This review summarizes the important information on the liposomal preparation of anthracyclines...
- Reversibility of trastuzumab cardiotoxicity: is the concept alive and well?Michael S Ewer
J Clin Oncol 25:5532-3; author reply 5533-4. 2007
- The anthracycline-trastuzumab interaction: Up-regulated binding may provide vital mechanistic insightMichael S Ewer
Eur J Cancer 43:2024-5. 2007
- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapy: diagnosis, pathogenesis, and managementEdward T H Yeh
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Tex 77030 4095, USA
Circulation 109:3122-31. 2004..Further research will be required to more accurately predict which patients are at risk for developing cardiotoxicity. In addition, management plans, as well as strategies to reduce cardiotoxicity, need to be developed...
- Anthracycline cardiotoxicityRobin L Jones
Royal Marsden Hospital, Department of Medicine, Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Expert Opin Drug Saf 5:791-809. 2006..Further work is required to identify patients at increased risk of cardiotoxicity and to develop novel methods of protecting and treating this adverse effect...
- Cardiac and cardiovascular toxicity of nonanthracycline anticancer drugsRobin L Jones
Royal Marsden Hospital, Department of Medicine, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1249-69. 2006..Ischemia and rhythm abnormalities are treated symptomatically in most cases. Knowledge of these toxicities can aid clinicians to choose the optimal and least toxic regimen suitable for an individual patient...
- Significantly higher pathologic complete remission rate after neoadjuvant therapy with trastuzumab, paclitaxel, and epirubicin chemotherapy: results of a randomized trial in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive operable breast cancerAman U Buzdar
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3676-85. 2005....
- Neoadjuvant therapy with paclitaxel followed by 5-fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy and concurrent trastuzumab in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive operable breast cancer: an update of the initial randomized studyAman U Buzdar
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:228-33. 2007..All data were updated through November 2005...
- Exercise echocardiography reflects cumulative anthracycline exposure during childhoodMichael S Ewer
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:554-5. 2004