Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Enyeart J, Gomora J, Xu L, Enyeart J. Adenosine triphosphate activates a noninactivating K+ current in adrenal cortical cells through nonhydrolytic binding. J Gen Physiol. 1997;110:679-92 pubmed....
- Enyeart J, Xu L, Danthi S, Enyeart J. An ACTH- and ATP-regulated background K+ channel in adrenocortical cells is TREK-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49186-99 pubmed..The activation of I(AC) by ATP indicates that native bTREK-1 channels may function as sensors that couple the metabolic state of the cell to membrane potential, perhaps through an associated ATP-binding protein. ..
- Enyeart J, Danthi S, Enyeart J. Corticotropin induces the expression of TREK-1 mRNA and K+ current in adrenocortical cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2003;64:132-42 pubmed....
- Enyeart J, Danthi S, Enyeart J. TREK-1 K+ channels couple angiotensin II receptors to membrane depolarization and aldosterone secretion in bovine adrenal glomerulosa cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E1154-65 pubmed..Overall, these results identify bTREK-1 K(+) channels as a pivotal control point where ANG II receptor activation is transduced to depolarization-dependent Ca(2+) entry and aldosterone secretion. ..
- Enyeart J, Danthi S, Liu H, Enyeart J. Angiotensin II inhibits bTREK-1 K+ channels in adrenocortical cells by separate Ca2+- and ATP hydrolysis-dependent mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30814-28 pubmed..The novel Ca2+-dependent pathway is distinctive in its lack of ATP dependence, and is clearly different from the calmodulin kinase-dependent mechanism by which AngII modulates T-type Ca2+ channels in these cells. ..
- Enyeart J, Liu H, Enyeart J. cAMP analogs and their metabolites enhance TREK-1 mRNA and K+ current expression in adrenocortical cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;77:469-82 pubmed publisher..These findings raise significant questions regarding the specificity of 8-(4-chlorophenylthio)-cAMP analogs as cAMP mimetics...
- Enyeart J, Liu H, Enyeart J. Calcium-dependent inhibition of adrenal TREK-1 channels by angiotensin II and ionomycin. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;301:C619-29 pubmed publisher..bTREK-1 is the first two-pore K(+) channel shown to be inhibited by Ca(2+) through activation of a G protein-coupled receptor...