AYMAN A EL-MOHANDES
Affiliation: The George Washington University
- Recruitment and retention of low-income minority women in a behavioral intervention to reduce smoking, depression, and intimate partner violence during pregnancyM Nabil El-Khorazaty
Statistics and Epidemiology Unit, RTI International, 6110 Executive Blvd, Suite 902, Rockville, MD 20852 3903, USA
BMC Public Health 7:233. 2007..non-retained women and lost to follow-up vs. dropped-out women are presented. In addition, subgroups of pregnant women who are less (more) likely to be retained are identified...
- The effect of a parenting education program on the use of preventive pediatric health care services among low-income, minority mothers: a randomized, controlled studyAyman A E El-Mohandes
Community of Health and Pediatrics Obstetrics and Gynecology, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, USA
Pediatrics 111:1324-32. 2003..To determine if a community-based intervention program focusing on parenting education will have an impact on preventive health care utilization behaviors among low-income, minority mothers in Washington, DC...
- An intervention to improve postpartum outcomes in African-American mothers: a randomized controlled trialAyman A E El-Mohandes
George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:611-20. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of an integrated multiple risk intervention, delivered mainly during pregnancy, in reducing such risks (cigarette smoking, environmental tobacco smoke exposure, depression, and intimate partner violence) postpartum...
- Prediction of birth weight by cotinine levels during pregnancy in a population of black smokersAyman A E El-Mohandes
Department of Prevention and Community Health, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University Medical Center, 2175 K St NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Pediatrics 124:e671-80. 2009..The goal was to investigate the association between maternal salivary cotinine levels (SCLs) and pregnancy outcomes among black smokers...
- NIH D.C. INITIATIVE TO REDUCE INFANT MORTALITYAyman El Mohandes; Fiscal Year: 2003..The impact of the intervention on fathers and kinship and how they relate to the mother/infant dyad will also be analyzed. ..