Affiliation: The May Institute
- Treatment for adolescents following a suicide attempt: results of a pilot trialDeidre Donaldson
May Institute, Norwood, MA 02063, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:113-20. 2005..To compare the efficacy of a skills-based treatment protocol to a supportive relationship therapy for adolescents after a suicide attempt...
- Treatment-as-usual for adolescent suicide attempters: implications for the choice of comparison groups in psychotherapy researchAnthony Spirito
Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 31:41-7. 2002..Given the attention paid to treatment attendance and fidelity in most RCTs, even less potent control groups in such trials may be both ethically and clinically as justifiable as TAU designs for high-risk populations...
- An intervention trial to improve adherence to community treatment by adolescents after a suicide attemptAnthony Spirito
Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:435-42. 2002..To determine whether a problem-solving intervention would increase adherence to outpatient treatment for adolescents after a suicide attempt...
- Predictors of continued suicidal behavior in adolescents following a suicide attemptAnthony Spirito
Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 32:284-9. 2003..Depressed mood at baseline was most strongly associated with both continued suicidal ideation and reattempt...
- Risk-taking behavior and adolescent suicide attemptsCassandra Stanton
Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 33:74-9. 2003..No differences in either the total number of risk-taking behavior or the frequency of individual risk-taking behaviors were found. These findings suggest that suicide attempts in adolescents are not a function of risk-taking behavior...
- Affective, behavioral, and cognitive functioning in adolescents with multiple suicide attemptsChristianne Esposito
Brown Medical School and Brown University Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 33:389-99. 2003..Overall, results suggest that treatment with adolescent suicide attempters might specifically target anger and affect dysregulation to reduce risk for future suicidal behavior...