Alexander D Diehl
Affiliation: The Jackson Laboratory
- Logical development of the cell ontologyTerrence F Meehan
Mouse Genome Informatics, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:6. 2011..By making the information in the ontology computable, we can use automated reasoners to detect errors and assist with classification. Here we report on the generation of computable definitions for the hematopoietic cell types in the CL...
- Muscle Research and Gene Ontology: New standards for improved data integrationErika Feltrin
CRIBI Interdepartmental Biotechnology Center, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
BMC Med Genomics 2:6. 2009..We actively encourage community feedback on, and gene product annotation with these new terms. Please visit the Muscle Community Annotation Wiki http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Muscle_Biology...
- An improved ontological representation of dendritic cells as a paradigm for all cell typesAnna Maria Masci
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:70. 2009..This approach limits the CL's utility for computation and for cross-species data integration...
- Ontology development for biological systems: immunologyAlexander D Diehl
Mouse Genome Informatics, The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04605, USA
Bioinformatics 23:913-5. 2007..AVAILABILITY: http://www.geneontology.org...
- Hematopoietic cell types: prototype for a revised cell ontologyAlexander D Diehl
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:75-9. 2011..The methods and improvements to the CL in this area represent a paradigm for improvement of the entire ontology over time...