Michelle R Denburg
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Vitamin D bioavailability and catabolism in pediatric chronic kidney diseaseMichelle R Denburg
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:1843-53. 2013..Vitamin D-binding protein (DBP) and catabolism have not been examined in the clinical setting of childhood chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Mineral metabolism and cortical volumetric bone mineral density in childhood chronic kidney diseaseMichelle R Denburg
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1930-8. 2013..The relationships among cortical volumetric bone mineral density (CortBMD) and comprehensive measures of mineral metabolism have not been addressed in chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Longitudinal relations between obesity and hypertension following pediatric renal transplantationMichelle R Denburg
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Main Building, Room 2143, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 25:2129-39. 2010..Obesity was an independent determinant of systolic hypertension. Strategies are needed to prevent obesity and its impact on hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and allograft survival...
- Validation of The Health Improvement Network (THIN) database for epidemiologic studies of chronic kidney diseaseMichelle R Denburg
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:1138-49. 2011..The Health Improvement Network (THIN) in the UK represents a unique resource for population-based studies of CKD. We compiled a valid list of Read codes to identify subjects with moderate to advanced CKD...
- Risk of moderate to advanced kidney disease in patients with psoriasis: population based cohort studyJoy Wan
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMJ 347:f5961. 2013..To determine the risk of chronic kidney disease in patients with psoriasis...
- Nutritional vitamin D use in chronic kidney disease: a survey of pediatric nephrologistsLindsay M Griffin
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Room 868, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:265-75. 2013..Controversy remains regarding the use of nutritional vitamin D supplementation in chronic kidney disease (CKD), and the supplementation practices of pediatric nephrologists are unknown...
- End-stage kidney disease after pediatric nonrenal solid organ transplantationRebecca L Ruebner
MSCE, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Division of Nephrology 1 Main, 34th St and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Pediatrics 132:e1319-26. 2013..The objectives of this study were to determine the incidence of ESKD after pediatric SOT and the relative risk by SOT type...
- Glucocorticoid effects on changes in bone mineral density and cortical structure in childhood nephrotic syndromeAnne Tsampalieros
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 28:480-8. 2013..Greater linear growth was associated with impaired expansion of cortical area in NS. Studies are needed to determine the fracture implications of these findings...
- Early endocrine, metabolic, and sonographic characteristics of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): comparison between nonobese and obese adolescentsMiriam E Silfen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4682-8. 2003..Our data also suggest differences in the IGF system between nonobese and obese adolescents with PCOS...