Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- EEG changes accompanying learned regulation of 12-Hz EEG activityArnaud Delorme
Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0961, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 11:133-7. 2003..A more complete understanding of these phenomena could help to explain the nature and locus of learned regulation of EEG rhythms and might also suggest ways to further optimize the performance of brain-computer interfaces...
- Early cortical orientation selectivity: how fast inhibition decodes the order of spike latenciesA Delorme
CNL, Salk Institute, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Comput Neurosci 15:357-65. 2003..It also demonstrates the biological plausibility of a new computationally efficient neural code: latency rank order coding...
- SpikeNET: an event-driven simulation package for modelling large networks of spiking neuronsArnaud Delorme
CerCo, Faculte de Medecine, 133 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Network 14:613-27. 2003..01 ms) without significantly increasing the computation time. As an example, this method is applied to solve complex cognitive tasks such as face recognition in natural images...
- Interaction of top-down and bottom-up processing in the fast visual analysis of natural scenesArnaud Delorme
Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition UMR 5549, CNRS UPS, 133 route de Narbonne, 31062, Toulouse Cedex, France
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 19:103-13. 2004....
- Enhanced detection of artifacts in EEG data using higher-order statistics and independent component analysisArnaud Delorme
Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92107, USA
Neuroimage 34:1443-9. 2007..We note that ICA decomposition also allows simple subtraction of artifacts accounted for by single independent components, and/or separate and direct examination of the decomposed non-artifact processes themselves...
- A limit to the speed of processing in ultra-rapid visual categorization of novel natural scenesM Fabre-Thorpe
Centre de Recherche Cerveau and Cognition UMR 5549, CNRS UPS, Faculte de Medecine de Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Cogn Neurosci 13:171-80. 2001....
- Extraction of the average and differential dynamical response in stimulus-locked experimental dataA Sornborger
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Neurosci Methods 141:223-9. 2005..We also discuss improvements in the signal-to-noise ratio, relative to standard trial averaging methods, that result from the data-adaptive smoothing in our method...