S M D'Ambrosio
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Differential response of normal, premalignant and malignant human oral epithelial cells to growth inhibition by chemopreventive agentsS M D'Ambrosio
Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, USA
Anticancer Res 20:2273-80. 2000..Using this in vitro approach, we have identified several potential chemopreventive agents for oral cancer as selective growth inhibitors of premalignant ahd malignant human oral mucosa cells...
- Sensitivity of human hepatocytes in culture to reactive nitrogen intermediatesS M D'Ambrosio
Department of Radiology, The College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 233:545-9. 1997..These data indicate that peroxynitrite is formed in cultured human hepatocytes inhibiting their replication, and that peroxynitirite may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of liver disease...
- Mechanisms of nitric oxide-induced cytotoxicity in normal human hepatocytesS M D'Ambrosio
Department of Radiology, The College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 37:46-54. 2001..The data support the hypothesis that the functional and morphological changes observed in liver following chronic exposure to RNS are, in part, the result of persistent mitochondrial and nuclear DNA damage...
- Modulation of Ki67, p53 and RARbeta expression in normal, premalignant and malignant human oral epithelial cells by chemopreventive agentsS M D'Ambrosio
The Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus 43210, USA
Anticancer Res 21:3229-35. 2001..Aberrant expression of Ki67, p53 and RARbeta are characteristic of many tumor types including those of the oral cavity. Chemopreventive agents may act by modulating their expression to more normal levels...
- Expression of the O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase gene is elevated in human breast tumor cellsG Wani
Division of Radiobiology, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Anticancer Res 17:4311-5. 1997....