B F Cuneo
Affiliation: The Heart Institute for Children
- Conduction system disease in fetuses evaluated for irregular cardiac rhythmBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:307-13. 2006..Prenatal therapy of these conduction abnormalities may limit the progression to more advanced disease either in utero or after birth...
- Outcome of fetal cardiac defectsBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Department of Pediatrics, Rush Medical College, and Hope Children s Hospital, 440 W 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 18:490-6. 2006..The present review summarizes the prenatal and postnatal outcome of cardiac anomalies and sustained arrhythmias diagnosed during fetal life...
- Spontaneous rupture of atrioventricular valve tensor apparatus as late manifestation of anti-Ro/SSA antibody-mediated cardiac diseaseBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Oak Lawn, IL, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:761-6. 2011..In conclusion, these findings have defined an underappreciated complication of fetal antibody-mediated cardiac inflammation...
- Atrial and ventricular rate response and patterns of heart rate acceleration during maternal-fetal terbutaline treatment of fetal complete heart blockBettina F Cuneo
Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:661-5. 2007..However, regardless of the cause of CHB, terbutaline augments HR but not AV correlation, suggesting that its effects are determined by the conduction system defect rather than the autonomic control of the developing heart...
- Magnetocardiography in the evaluation of fetuses at risk for sudden cardiac death before birthBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, USA
J Electrocardiol 41:116.e1-6. 2008..We hypothesized that fetuses at risk for sudden death may have abnormal conduction or depolarization, ischemia, or abnormal heart rate variability (HRV) detectable by magnetocardiography...
- An expanded phenotype of maternal SSA/SSB antibody-associated fetal cardiac diseaseBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:233-8. 2009..We describe other manifestations of cardiac disease...
- A management strategy for fetal immune-mediated atrioventricular blockBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:1400-5. 2010..The purpose of this study is to describe an in utero management strategy for fetuses with immune-mediated 2° or 3° atrioventricular (AV) block...
- Prenatal diagnosis and in utero treatment of torsades de pointes associated with congenital long QT syndromeBettina F Cuneo
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children's Hospital, 4440 West 95th Street, Chicago, IL 60644, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:1395-8. 2003
- 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: DiGeorge, velocardiofacial, and conotruncal anomaly face syndromesB F Cuneo
Heart Institute for Children, Department of Pediatrics, Hope Children s Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 13:465-72. 2001..The ubiquitin-fusion-degradation-1-like gene, expressed in embryonic branchial arches and in the conotruncus, appears to play a prominent role in the pathogenesis of the 22q11.2 deletion syndrome...
- Prospective echocardiographic evaluation of atrioventricular conduction in fetuses with maternal SjÃ¶gren's antibodiesAndrew H Van Bergen
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children's Hospital, Oak Lawn, Ill 60453, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1014-8. 2004..5 +/- 29.6 msec). CONCLUSION: The incidence of 1 degrees and degrees 2 fetal AVB in SSA/SSB-positive pregnancies is low and can be identified by abnormal mechanical PR interval...
- Frequency of 22q11 deletions in patients with conotruncal defectsE Goldmuntz
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 19104, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:492-8. 1998....
- Double atrial septum with persistent interatrial space: echocardiographic features of a rare atrial septal malformationDavid A Roberson
Pediatric Echocardiography, The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Oaklawn, Illinois 60453, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:1175-81. 2006..Transthoracic, transesophageal, intracardiac, and fetal echocardiographic features of this anomaly are demonstrated. Previous descriptions, embryologic speculations, and clinical considerations are discussed...
- Novel approach to the newborn with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septumAlexander J Javois
Heart Institute for Children, Advocate Hope Children s Hospital, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:268-72. 2005..The child is now thriving after both stage I Norwood and bidirectional Glenn procedures...
- Extensive left ventricular to coronary artery connections in hypoplastic left heart syndromeDavid A Roberson
The Heart Institute for Children, Hope Children s Hospital, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453, USA
Echocardiography 25:529-33. 2008..The left circumflex coronary artery arose exclusively from its own VCC. To our knowledge this is the first such echocardiographic demonstration of HLH with extensive bilateral VCC and coronary artery stenosis and interruption...
- Trends in prenatal diagnosis of critical cardiac defects in an integrated obstetric and pediatric cardiac imaging centerBettina F Cuneo
The Heart Institute for Children, Oak Lawn, IL 60445, USA
J Perinatol 24:674-8. 2004..CONCLUSION: Collaboration with pediatric cardiology can significantly improve the rate of detected CCHD. These findings have significant implications for sonographer education and patient care...
- Congenital junctional ectopic tachycardia and congenital complete atrioventricular block: a shared etiology?Anne M Dubin
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, California 94304, USA
Heart Rhythm 2:313-5. 2005
- Systolic and diastolic time intervals measured from Doppler tissue imaging: normal values and Z-score tables, and effects of age, heart rate, and body surface areaWei Cui
Heart Institute for Children, Oaklawn, Oaklawn, Illinois 60453, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:361-70. 2008..Ejection time, St, Dt, and St/Dt correlated best with HR at all 3 sites (P < .001). Ejection time, St, and Dt all decreased at faster HRs, whereas St/Dt increased at faster HRs...
- Ultrasonic biophysical measurements in the normal human fetus for optimal design of the monolithic fetal pacemakerEvgueni Fayn
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1267-70. 2005....
- Annular and septal Doppler tissue imaging in children: normal z-score tables and effects of age, heart rate, and body surface areaDavid A Roberson
Heart Institute for Children, Oaklawn, Illinois 60453, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1276-84. 2007....
- Magnetocardiography-guided management of an unusual case of isoimmune complete atrioventricular block complicated by ventricular tachycardiaBibhuti Das
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:282-5. 2008..After delivery, nonsustained ventricular tachycardia continued. The baby then successfully paced, and at higher ventricular rates the tachycardia resolved. Five years later the child has normal ventricular function and is doing well...
- Amiodarone therapy for drug-refractory fetal tachycardiaJanette F Strasburger
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Division of Cardiology, MS 713, 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Circulation 109:375-9. 2004..This study evaluates the safety, efficacy, and outcome of amiodarone therapy for digoxin-refractory fetal tachycardia with heart failure...
- Giant fetal magnetocardiogram P waves in congenital atrioventricular block: a marker of cardiovascular compensation?Zhimin Li
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wis, USA
Circulation 110:2097-101. 2004..Cardiogram signal amplitude is a key index of hypertrophy but has not been investigated extensively in utero. In this study, magnetocardiography was used to assess P and QRS amplitude in normal subjects and subjects with fetal arrhythmia...
- Electrophysiological characteristics of fetal atrioventricular blockHui Zhao
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:77-84. 2008....
- Fetal cardiac repolarization abnormalitiesHui Zhao
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:491-6. 2006..The potential importance of T-wave assessment in the fetus with cardiac arrhythmia was evidenced by the high incidence of marked QT prolongation and T-wave alternans in the fetuses with suboptimal outcomes...