Genomes and Genes
Jean Francois Cote
Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- PSTPIP is a substrate of PTP-PEST and serves as a scaffold guiding PTP-PEST toward a specific dephosphorylation of WASPJean Francois Cote
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:2973-86. 2002..This finding suggests a possible mechanism for PTP-PEST to directly modulate actin remodeling through the PSTPIP-WASP interaction...
- Essential function of PTP-PEST during mouse embryonic vascularization, mesenchyme formation, neurogenesis and early liver developmentJacinthe Sirois
McGill Cancer Center and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Sir William Osler Promenade, Montreal, Que, Canada H3G 1Y6
Mech Dev 123:869-80. 2006....
- ELMO recruits actin cross-linking family 7 (ACF7) at the cell membrane for microtubule capture and stabilization of cellular protrusionsYoran Margaron
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:1184-99. 2013..In conclusion, our findings support a role for ELMO in protrusion stability by acting at the interface between the actin cytoskeleton and the microtubule network...
- An evolutionarily conserved autoinhibitory molecular switch in ELMO proteins regulates Rac signalingManishha Patel
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, 110 avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, PQ H2W 1R7, Canada
Curr Biol 20:2021-7. 2010..Functionally, we found that ELMO mutants with impaired autoregulatory activity promote cell elongation. These results demonstrate an unsuspected level of regulation for Rac1 signaling via autoinhibition of ELMO...
- GEF what? Dock180 and related proteins help Rac to polarize cells in new waysJean Francois Cote
Cytoskeletal Organization and Cell Migration Laboratory, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, PQ H2W1R7, Canada
Trends Cell Biol 17:383-93. 2007....