Seth J Corey
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Targeted therapy: for kids, tooSeth J Corey
Division of Pediatrics, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:623-34. 2005..With examples drawn from pediatric oncology, the critical steps in the pre-clinical development of targeted therapy are reviewed here...
- Complete remission following clofarabine treatment in refractory juvenile myelomonocytic leukemiaSeth J Corey
Section of Pediatric Leukemia Lymphoma, Division of Pediatrics, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:166-8. 2005..After three courses, he attained a remission marrow with 5% blasts and disappearance of the 5q- and 9q- cytogenetic abnormalities...
- New agents in the treatment of childhood leukemias and myelodysplastic syndromesSeth J Corey
Section of Pediatric Leukemia and Lymphoma, Division of Pediatrics and Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 853, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 7:399-405. 2005..Increasingly, molecular profiling will be used to guide the development and application of new drugs...
- Myelodysplastic syndromes: the complexity of stem-cell diseasesSeth J Corey
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:118-29. 2007....
- G-CSF induced reactive oxygen species involves Lyn-PI3-kinase-Akt and contributes to myeloid cell growthQuan Sheng Zhu
Division of Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 107:1847-56. 2006..These data suggest that the G-CSF-induced Lyn-PI3K-Akt pathway drives ROS production. One beneficial effect of therapeutic targeting of Lyn-PI3K-kinase-Akt cascade is abrogating ROS production...
- Pediatric therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia: the MD Anderson Cancer Center experienceDolly G Aguilera
Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, TX, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:803-11. 2009..003). Childhood t-MDS/AML has a poor prognosis. Although patients benefited from AML-type induction chemotherapy followed by stem cell transplantation as postremission therapy, effective therapies, and prevention are needed...
- Growth inhibition and apoptosis of myeloma cells by the CDK inhibitor flavopiridolIgor Semenov
Department of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 3705 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Leuk Res 26:271-80. 2002..A clinical trial using flavopiridol should be performed in patients with myeloma. Its mechanism of action may involve targets other than the cyclin-dependent kinases...
- A Bcr/Abl-independent, Lyn-dependent form of imatinib mesylate (STI-571) resistance is associated with altered expression of Bcl-2Yun Dai
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34227-39. 2004....
- PROTEIN TYROSINE KINASES IN LEUKO PROLIF AND APOPTOSISSeth Corey; Fiscal Year: 2002..This NIH K02 award will permit the applicant to supplement his American Cancer Society independent investigator grants and protect his laboratory time to at least 85%, this will solidify his establishment as an independent scientist. ..