Elise D Cook
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Minority recruitment to the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT)Elise D Cook
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, Unit 1360, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77230 1439, USA
Clin Trials 2:436-42. 2005..The goal for black participants was set at 20% because of their proportion in the United States population and their prevalence of prostate cancer...
- Impact of supplemental site grants to increase African American accrual for the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention TrialElise D Cook
MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Clin Trials 7:90-9. 2010..African American accrual to prevention trials at rates representative of the disease burden experienced by this population requires additional resources and focused efforts...
- Prostate cancer screeningElise D Cook
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1155 Pressler Street, Cancer Prevention Center, Unit 1360, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 13:57-62. 2011..This article describes the results of important recent prostate cancer screening trials, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and American Cancer Society screening guidelines, and discusses the implications for clinical practice...
- Effect of selenium and vitamin E on risk of prostate cancer and other cancers: the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT)Scott M Lippman
Division of Cancer Medicine, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
JAMA 301:39-51. 2009..Secondary analyses of 2 randomized controlled trials and supportive epidemiologic and preclinical data indicated the potential of selenium and vitamin E for preventing prostate cancer...
- Designing the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT)Scott M Lippman
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:94-102. 2005....
- Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial--this one's for usElise D Cook
SELECT Minority and Medically Underserved Subcommittee, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:856-8. 2002