Stanley B Cohen
Affiliation: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Threshold for success in RA drug developmentStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 8:567-8. 2012..Such ‘go or no-go’ decision-making could be improved by a method of analysing longitudinal clinical trial data to establish a threshold for success of a new drug...
- Small molecular therapies for rheumatoid arthritis: where do we stand?Stanley Cohen
University of Texas Southwestern, Medical School, Metroplex Clinical Research Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75214, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:23-31. 2012..Development of small molecules that can be administered orally has progressed and several are under investigation as potential treatments for RA. This manuscript will update the status of the small molecules under development...
- A pilot study of rituximab in immune-mediated inner ear diseaseStanley Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75231, Dallas, USA
Audiol Neurootol 16:214-21. 2011..No significant adverse events were reported. The results of this study suggest further evaluation of rituximab as a treatment for IMED is indicated...
- Denosumab treatment effects on structural damage, bone mineral density, and bone turnover in rheumatoid arthritis: a twelve-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II clinical trialStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1299-309. 2008..The aim of this multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II study was to evaluate the effects of denosumab on structural damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) receiving methotrexate treatment...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of pamapimod, a p38 MAP kinase inhibitor, in a double-blind, methotrexate-controlled study of patients with active rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:335-44. 2009..To determine the efficacy and safety of pamapimod (a selective inhibitor of the alpha-isoform of p38 MAP kinase) as monotherapy in comparison with methotrexate (MTX) treatment in adult patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Continued inhibition of structural damage over 2 years in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with rituximab in combination with methotrexateStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1158-61. 2010..Rituximab inhibited structural damage at 1 year in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who had had a previous inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors...
- Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy: Results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeksStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2793-806. 2006....
- Multiple courses of rituximab produce sustained clinical and radiographic efficacy and safety in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to 1 or more tumor necrosis factor inhibitors: 5-year data from the REFLEX studyEdward C Keystone
Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:2238-46. 2012....
- Unresolved issues in identifying and overcoming inadequate response in rheumatoid arthritis: weighing the evidenceStanley B Cohen
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Office of Continuing Education, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9059, USA
J Rheumatol Suppl 81:4-30; quiz 31-4. 2008..In this program, distinguished rheumatologists weigh the evolving body of clinical evidence to draw sound conclusions and resolve key issues in managing inadequate response to treatment and in achieving optimal outcomes in RA...
- Targeting the B cell in rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 800, Dallas TX 75231, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 24:553-63. 2010..Development of biomarkers that will assist our therapeutic decisions to enhance the benefit/risk ratio for our patients are needed as we move forward with further selective targeted therapies...
- Updates from B Cell Trials: EfficacyStanley B Cohen
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Rheumatol Suppl 77:12-7. 2006..These findings support the hypothesis that B cells play an integral role in the pathogenesis of RA, and this report will review the efficacy results of clinical trials targeting B cells...
- Immune-mediated inner ear disease: 10-year experienceShelley S Broughton
Otolaryngology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:544-8. 2004..Limited information is available regarding clinical features of the disease, disease course, and response to treatment...
- An update on bisphosphonatesStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research, 5939 Harry Hines Boulevard, Suite 400, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 6:59-65. 2004..Further development of bisphosphonates as adjunctive therapy to reduce bone metastases is in progress, and trials evaluating bisphosphonates as a structure modifying agent in osteoarthritis are nearing completion...
- Interleukin 1 receptor antagonist anakinra improves functional status in patients with rheumatoid arthritisStanley B Cohen
St Paul Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Rheumatol 30:225-31. 2003....
- A randomized, double-blind study of AMG 108 (a fully human monoclonal antibody to IL-1R1) in patients with osteoarthritis of the kneeStanley B Cohen
Rheumatology, Metroplex Clinical Research Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R125. 2011..The purpose of this two-part study was to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetics (PK; Part A) and clinical effect (Part B) of AMG 108 in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose study in patients with OA of the knee...