Mitchell I Cohen
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Pediatric pacemaker infections: twenty years of experienceMitchell I Cohen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:821-7. 2002..We sought to evaluate possible predictors of early and late pacemaker infections in children...
- Efficacy of prophylactic epicardial pacing leads in children and young adultsMitchell I Cohen
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:197-202; discussion 202-3. 2004..Prophylactic epicardial pacing leads, placed at the time of concomitant congenital heart surgery, may reduce a late thoracotomy or sternotomy. The efficacy of prophylactic epicardial leads in the pediatric population is unknown...
- Postpericardiotomy syndrome after permanent pacemaker implantation in children and young adultsIlana Zeltser
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1684-7. 2004..Postpericardiotomy syndrome (PPS) occurs in 10% to 50% of pediatric patients after cardiac surgery. The incidence and outcome of PPS after permanent pacemaker implantation in children is not described...
- Surgical reinterventions following the Fontan procedureMatus Petko
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Suite 8527, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:255-9. 2003..Short- and long-term outcomes have improved significantly, however, some patients require additional cardiac procedures following the Fontan operation. The outcomes for these reinterventions are not known...
- Risk factors for mortality after the Norwood procedureJ William Gaynor
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Suite 8527, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:82-9. 2002..The current study was undertaken to evaluate our recent experience with the Norwood procedure and to evaluate potential predictors of operative and 1-year mortality...
- The impact of socio-economic status on health related quality of life for children and adolescents with heart diseaseAmy Cassedy
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:99. 2013..Many researchers, however, see SES indicators as interchangeable. The primary aim of this study was to determine which measure of SES had the strongest impact on health-related quality of life...
- Postoperative junctional ectopic tachycardia in children: incidence, risk factors, and treatmentTimothy M Hoffman
Division of Cardiology, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:1607-11. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine perioperative risk factors for the development of JET...
- Impact of cardiac devices on the quality of life in pediatric patientsRichard J Czosek
Heart Institute, Division of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 5:1064-72. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare (QOL) scores among pediatric device patients, healthy controls, and congenital heart disease (CHD) patients and determine the key drivers of QOL in pediatric device patients...
- Enalapril to prevent cardiac function decline in long-term survivors of pediatric cancer exposed to anthracyclinesJeffrey H Silber
Center for Outcomes Research, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market St, Suite 1029, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:820-8. 2004....
- Controversies, genetics, diagnostic assessment, and outcomes relating to the heterotaxy syndromeMeryl S Cohen
Division of Cardiology, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States of America
Cardiol Young 17:29-43. 2007..Attention is given to the various diagnostic modalities, including fetal and postnatal echocardiography, recent tomographic and magnetic resonance imaging techniques, and the time-honoured approach using angiography...
- Congenital long QT syndrome in children identified by family screeningColin Petko
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1756-8. 2008..Appropriate implantable cardioverter-defibrillator discharges in the nonproband group underscore the importance of follow-up in this relatively asymptomatic population...
- Long QT syndrome in children in the era of implantable defibrillatorsSusan P Etheridge
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1335-40. 2007..We sought to assess the spectrum and outcome of young long QT syndrome (LQTS) patients, addressing treatment including device indications, risks, and benefits...
- VDD lead-lead interaction and atrial oversensing: an acute animal studyMitchell I Cohen
Arizona Pediatric Cardiology Consultants and Obstetrix Medical Group, University of Arizona School of Medicine, Phoenix, Arizona 85006, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:679-81. 2006..In an acute canine model, no atrial oversensing was observed with lead-lead interaction between the VDD lead and the pseudo-retained VVI lead. Undersensing occurred <10% of all beats observed...
- Unipolar ventricular pacing reduces inappropriate shocks from a separate cardioverter defibrillator in a post-Fontan patientMitchell I Cohen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Phoenix Children s Hospital, 1920 E Cambridge Avenue, Suite 301, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Europace 8:293-6. 2006..Adjusting to a unipolar paced-ventricular mode resolved any double counting via pacemaker-ICD interaction...
- Pacemaker therapy in isolated congenital complete atrioventricular blockJohannes M P J Breur
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital UMC, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1685-91. 2002..Indications for PM therapy in children may require reevaluation in asymptomatic patients with increased cardiac size and decreased cardiac function...
- Capture management efficacy in children and young adults with endocardial and unipolar epicardial systemsMitchell I Cohen
Department of Pediatrics and the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
Europace 6:248-55. 2004..VCM bears cautionary labelling against use with epicardial leads since they have not been demonstrated appropriate for use with VCM...
- Predictors of outcome after the Fontan operation: is hypoplastic left heart syndrome still a risk factor?J William Gaynor
Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiac Center at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:237-45. 2002..This study was undertaken to evaluate factors contributing to a decrease in early mortality and morbidity after the Fontan procedure between January 1, 1992, and December 31, 1999...