Deena J Chisolm
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Adolescent behavioral risk screening and use of health servicesDeena J Chisolm
Department of Pediatrics and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 36:374-80. 2009..Among the screened patients, medical service use did not differ by screening result. However, behavioral service use was higher for screened youths who screened positive for depression or suicidal thoughts...
- Health literacy and willingness to use online health information by teens with asthma and diabetesDeena J Chisolm
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Telemed J E Health 17:676-82. 2011..This study measured health literacy in a population of teens in treatment for asthma or diabetes and tested the association between health literacy and willingness to use online health resources...
- Geographic disparities in the risk of perforated appendicitis among children in Ohio: 2001-2003Robert B Penfold
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Int J Health Geogr 7:56. 2008..Less is known about the differences between rural locations in health care seeking and outcomes. This study examines how commuting patterns in different rural areas are associated with perforated appendicitis...
- Further examination of the impact of patient participation on physicians' communication styleDonald J Cegala
School of Communication and Department of Family Medicine, School of Communication, The Ohio State University, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:25-30. 2012..g., those who ask questions, express preferences and concerns). This study contributes to this literature by examining parents' participation and physicians' discourse in a pediatric surgery context...
- Inpatient healthcare trends among adult cystic fibrosis patients in the U.SBenjamin T Kopp
Section of Pulmonary Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:245-51. 2012..This study compared costs and discharge rates among adult CF patient hospitalizations in terms of location of hospitalization...
- Admission to acute care hospitals for adolescent substance abuse: a national descriptive analysisDeena J Chisolm
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 1:17. 2006..Frequency and percentage of total admissions were calculated for demographic variables of age, gender and income and for hospital characteristic variables of urban/rural designation and children's hospital designation...
- The role of cognitive and learning theories in supporting successful EHR system implementation training: a qualitative studyAnn Scheck McAlearney
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Med Care Res Rev 69:294-315. 2012..Taking these findings into account may increase the likelihood of successful EHR implementation, thereby helping organizations meet "meaningful use" requirements for EHR systems...
- Factors affecting innovation in pediatric surgery: hospital type and appendectomiesDeena J Chisolm
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:1809-13. 2006..This study examines the patterns of LA using a national database, focusing on variations in care between children's and general hospitals...
- Clinician perceptions of an electronic medical record during the first year of implementaton in emergency servicesDeena J Chisolm
The Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 26:107-10. 2010....
- Development of a computerized medical history profile for children in out-of-home placement using Medicaid dataDeena J Chisolm
The Ohio State University, OH, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:748-55. 2009..Despite these limitations, Medicaid data-based profiles show the potential to be a cost efficient method for improving continuity of care for children in out-of-home placement...
- Caregivers' perspectives on barriers to transcranial Doppler screening in children with sickle-cell diseaseLindsay M Bollinger
College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:99-102. 2011..Compliance is low with yearly TCD screenings. Our objective was to describe caregiver experiences and knowledge of TCD screenings as well as barriers that may prevent screening...
- What makes teens start using and keep using health information web sites? A mixed model analysis of teens with chronic illnessesDeena J Chisolm
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Telemed J E Health 17:324-8. 2011..Publically available health Web sites may be able to provide support for teens with chronic disease in their transition to autonomy. This study examines teen use of health Web sites and identifies barriers and promoters of use...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the patterns of co-occurring mental health problems in adolescents in substance abuse treatmentDeena J Chisolm
Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 37:203-10. 2009..These results indicate that co-occurring mental health problems vary by race/ethnicity, and therefore, refined approaches are needed for culturally appropriate care of patients...
- Racial and socioeconomic disparity in perforated appendicitis among children: where is the problem?Benedict C Nwomeh
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Columbus Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatrics 117:870-5. 2006..This study evaluated whether these factors had an impact on the care of patients with appendicitis at a major children's hospital with a well-established, comprehensive, primary referral system...