Hannah C Cheung
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Global analysis of aberrant pre-mRNA splicing in glioblastoma using exon expression arraysHannah C Cheung
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, University of Texas M, d, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Genomics 9:216. 2008..Validation studies were performed using RT-PCR on glioma cell lines, patient tumor and nontumor brain samples...
- PTBP1-dependent regulation of USP5 alternative RNA splicing plays a role in glioblastoma tumorigenesisDaisy I Izaguirre
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 51:895-906. 2012..These results support a role for aberrant RNA splicing in tumorigenesis and suggest that changes in relatively few genes may be sufficient to drive the process...
- Splicing factors PTBP1 and PTBP2 promote proliferation and migration of glioma cell linesHannah C Cheung
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Brain 132:2277-88. 2009..Its actions on proliferation appear to be mediated, in part, through alternative splicing of RTN4...
- Polypyrimidine tract binding protein and Notch1 are independently re-expressed in gliomaHannah C Cheung
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1034-41. 2006..This decrease in Notch1IC was not associated with increased PTB expression. We conclude that PTB, and Notch1 serve as independent and functionally unlinked markers of glioma progression...
- Constitutional tandem duplication of 9q34 that truncates EHMT1 in a child with gangliogliomaHannah C Cheung
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:801-5. 2012..The ganglioglioma showed complex chromosomal aberrations with further duplication of the dup9q34. Thus, this unique tandem 9q34.3 duplication may impact brain tumor formation...
- Identification of genetic susceptibility to childhood cancer through analysis of genes in parallelSharon E Plon
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Genet 204:19-25. 2011..The failure to detect mutations in 87% of families highlights that a number of childhood cancer susceptibility genes remain to be discovered...