Elissa J Chesler
Affiliation: The Jackson Laboratory
- Genetic variation in hippocampal microRNA expression differences in C57BL/6 J X DBA/2 J (BXD) recombinant inbred mouse strainsMichael J Parsons
Mammalian Genetics Unit, Medical Research Council Harwell Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
BMC Genomics 13:476. 2012....
- Opportunities for bioinformatics in the classification of behavior and psychiatric disordersElissa J Chesler
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 104:183-211. 2012..With the perspective and application of bioinformatics, we can uncover the relationships among these systems and take steps forward in realizing the common and distinct bases of psychiatric disease...
- Quantitative trait loci for sensitivity to ethanol intoxication in a C57BL/6J×129S1/SvImJ inbred mouse crossElissa J Chesler
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 23:305-21. 2012..Uncovering candidate genes associated with variation in these phenotypes in this population could ultimately shed light on genetic factors underlying sensitivity to EtOH intoxication and risk for alcoholism in humans...
- Comparison of threshold selection methods for microarray gene co-expression matricesBhavesh R Borate
Department of Animal Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
BMC Res Notes 2:240. 2009..This study investigated threshold selection in the context of combinatorial network analysis of transcriptome data...
- The importance of open-source integrative genomics to drug discoveryElissa J Chesler
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 13:310-6. 2010..Current analytic approaches use the full scale and scope of data, but require data sharing, interoperability and community recognition of the value of shared information...
- The Collaborative Cross, a community resource for the genetic analysis of complex traitsGary A Churchill
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Genet 36:1133-7. 2004..The Collaborative Cross will provide a common reference panel specifically designed for the integrative analysis of complex systems and will change the way we approach human health and disease...
- Accelerating discovery for complex neurological and behavioral disorders through systems genetics and integrative genomics in the laboratory mouseJason A Bubier
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Neurotherapeutics 9:338-48. 2012..Together, these model organism-based approaches can lead to a refinement of diagnostic categories and targeted treatment of neurological and psychiatric disease...
- A systematic comparison of genome-scale clustering algorithmsJeremy J Jay
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S7. 2012..In the present study, a variety of parametric and graph theoretical clustering algorithms are compared using well-characterized transcriptomic data at a genome scale from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- GeneWeaver: a web-based system for integrative functional genomicsErich J Baker
School of Engineering and Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:D1067-76. 2012..An empirical 'ontology' is discovered from the aggregate of experimental knowledge around user-defined areas of biological inquiry...