Huei Sheng Vincent Chen
Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- Studying arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia with patient-specific iPSCsChangsung Kim
Del E Webb Neuroscience, Aging and Stem Cell Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 494:105-10. 2013..Using this model, we revealed crucial pathogenic insights that metabolic derangement in adult-like metabolic milieu underlies ARVD/C pathologies, enabling us to propose novel disease-modifying therapeutic strategies...
- Pharmacological implications of two distinct mechanisms of interaction of memantine with N-methyl-D-aspartate-gated channelsHuei Sheng Vincent Chen
Center for Neuroscience and Aging, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:961-71. 2005..In the future, these parameters should be considered in searching for improved neuroprotective agents in this class...
- Spontaneous migration of the site of 2:1 atrioventricular block during atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardiaHuei Sheng Vincent Chen
Cardiac Electrophysiology Program, Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Heart Rhythm 2:1256-60. 2005
- The chemical biology of clinically tolerated NMDA receptor antagonistsHuei Sheng Vincent Chen
Burnham Institute for Medical Research and the University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurochem 97:1611-26. 2006..These second-generation memantine derivatives are designed as pathologically activated therapeutics, and in preliminary studies appear to have even greater neuroprotective properties than memantine...
- Memantine preferentially blocks extrasynaptic over synaptic NMDA receptor currents in hippocampal autapsesPeng Xia
Del E Webb Center for Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 30:11246-50. 2010..At therapeutic concentrations, memantine effectively blocks excessive extrasynaptic NMDAR-mediated currents, while relatively sparing normal synaptic activity...
- Non-cardiomyocytes influence the electrophysiological maturation of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes during differentiationChangsung Kim
Center for Neuroscience, Aging and Stem Cell Research, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:783-95. 2010..Defining the nature of these extrinsic signals will aid in the directed maturation of immature hESC-CMs to mitigate arrhythmogenic risks of cell-based therapies...
- MicroRNA profiling predicts a variance in the proliferative potential of cardiac progenitor cells derived from neonatal and adult murine heartsPadmini Sirish
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:264-72. 2012..Our study provides new insights that may enhance the utilization of adult CPCs for regenerative therapy of the injured myocardium...
- Hypoxia enhances S-nitrosylation-mediated NMDA receptor inhibition via a thiol oxygen sensor motifHiroto Takahashi
Center for Neuroscience and Aging, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 53:53-64. 2007..These thiols may be nitrosylated preferentially during increasing hypoxia or stroke conditions, thus preventing excessive activity associated with cytotoxicity while avoiding blockade of physiologically active NMDARs...
- Maturation of Normal and Disease-specific Human Stem Cell-derived CardiomyocytesHuei Sheng Vincent Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....