Su Min Chang
Affiliation: The Methodist Hospital
- Predicting clinically unrecognized coronary artery disease: use of two- dimensional echocardiographySu Min Chang
Department of Cardiology, DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 7:10. 2009..2-D Echo is often performed in patients without history of coronary artery disease (CAD). We sought to determine echo features predictive of CAD...
- Does quantifying epicardial and intrathoracic fat with noncontrast computed tomography improve risk stratification beyond calcium scoring alone?Farshad Forouzandeh
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 6:58-66. 2013..It is unclear whether fat volume information contributes to risk stratification...
- The coronary artery calcium score and stress myocardial perfusion imaging provide independent and complementary prediction of cardiac riskSu Min Chang
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1872-82. 2009..This study sought to examine the relationship between coronary artery calcium score (CACS) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) results for predicting the short- and long-term risk of cardiac events...
- Use of statins prior to percutaneous coronary intervention reduces myonecrosis and improves clinical outcomeSu Min Chang
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 62:193-7. 2004..2; CI = 0.06-0.63; P = 0.006). Statin therapy prior to PCI may reduces peri-PCI myonecrosis and late cardiac events. These results need to be confirmed in large prospective randomized trials...
- Coronary artery calcium scoring in the emergency department: identifying which patients with chest pain can be safely discharged homeFaisal Nabi
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Emerg Med 56:220-9. 2010..Our objective is to evaluate whether a CACS of zero will identify chest pain patients who can be safely discharged home, without need for further cardiac testing...
- Percent change in B-type natriuretic peptide levels during treadmill exercise as a screening test for exercise-induced myocardial ischemiaHtut Kyaw Win
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am Heart J 150:695-700. 2005....
- Assessing risk in acute chest pain: The value of stress myocardial perfusion imaging in patients admitted through the emergency departmentFaisal Nabi
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 19:233-43. 2012..To prospectively assess the clinical value of stress-gated myocardial single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) for triaging patients admitted through the emergency department (ED) with acute chest pain (ACP)...
- Complete heart block: determinants and clinical impact in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy undergoing nonsurgical septal reduction therapySu Min Chang
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:296-300. 2003..The purpose of this paper is to examine the incidence and determinants of permanent complete heart block (CHB) after nonsurgical septal reduction therapy (NSRT), and to evaluate the clinical impact of permanent pacemaker (PPM) placement...
- Impact of infarct size on clinical and echocardiographic outcome in patients undergoing nonsurgical septal reduction therapySu Min Chang
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex, USA
Am Heart J 146:1112-4. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the impact of infarct size induced by ethanol injection on clinical and echocardiographic outcome after the procedure...
- Normal stress-only versus standard stress/rest myocardial perfusion imaging: similar patient mortality with reduced radiation exposureSu Min Chang
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:221-30. 2010....
- Safety of contrast administration for endocardial enhancement during stress echocardiography compared with noncontrast stressKamran Shaikh
Department of Cardiology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center Imaging Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1444-50. 2008..8). In conclusion, although CE of echocardiographic images was used more often in patients with a higher cardiac risk profile, the risk of major adverse events was very small in both the CE and NCE stress echocardiography cohorts...
- Stenting of a left main coronary artery compressed by a dilated main pulmonary arteryKongkiat Chaikriangkrai
Department of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 82:E684-7. 2013..Also we briefly review current literatures about LMCA compression by a dilated MPA...
- Efficacy and safety of angiotensin receptor blockade are not modified by aspirin in patients with chronic heart failure: a cohort study from the Candesartan in Heart failure--Assessment of Reduction in Mortality and morbidity (CHARM) programmeSu Min Chang
Department of Cardiology, The Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, TX, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 12:738-45. 2010..It is unknown whether there is an interaction between aspirin and angiotensin receptor blockers on outcomes in patients with heart failure (HF)...
- Extensive cardiac lipoma with aneurysmal right ventricleYeon Song
Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Department of Cardiology, The Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, 6550 Fannin Street, SM 677, Houston, TX 77080, USA
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:691-2. 2010..Gross specimen revealed an 11.5×6.5×5 cm mass of adipose tissue without malignancy. In this case, the patient presented with symptoms of congestive heart failure due to the aneurysm in the right ventricle...