Cindy L Carmack
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Applying exercise stage of change to a low-income underserved populationCindy L Carmack Taylor
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Behavioral Science, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:99-107. 2003..To validate the transtheoretical model for exercise behavior and the constructs of decisional balance and self-efficacy for exercise in a low-income, poorly educated primary care sample...
- Survivors at higher risk for adverse late outcomes due to psychosocial and behavioral risk factorsCindy L Carmack
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:2068-77. 2011..Finally, future directions for research and clinical practice are discussed...
- Predictors of sexual functioning in ovarian cancer patientsCindy L Carmack Taylor
Department of Behavioral Science, Box 243, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:881-9. 2004..To characterize sexual functioning of ovarian cancer patients and identify factors predicting sexual activity, functioning or satisfaction, discomfort, and habit or frequency...
- Quality of life intervention for prostate cancer patients: design and baseline characteristics of the active for life after cancer trialCindy L Carmack Taylor
Department of Behavioral Science 243, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Control Clin Trials 25:265-85. 2004..The purpose of this paper is to describe the design of the randomized trial and present baseline data that will characterize the QOL of the sample. Challenges to recruitment for the trial also will be presented and discussed...
- Feasibility of an expressive-disclosure group intervention for post-treatment colorectal cancer patients: results of the Healthy Expressions studyCindy L Carmack
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Cancer 117:4993-5002. 2011..Thus, the authors developed and tested the efficacy of a 12-session combined written and verbal expression group program for psychologically distressed colorectal cancer (CRC) patients...
- Lung cancer patients and their spouses: psychological and relationship functioning within 1 month of treatment initiationCindy L Carmack Taylor
Department of Behavioral Science Unit 1330, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, P O Box 301439, Houston, TX, 77230 1439, USA
Ann Behav Med 36:129-40. 2008..Lung cancer morbidity and mortality may increase the risk for distress in couples facing this malignancy...
- Active for Life After Cancer: a randomized trial examining a lifestyle physical activity program for prostate cancer patientsCindy L Carmack Taylor
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77230 1439, USA
Psychooncology 15:847-62. 2006....
- A social comparison theory analysis of group composition and efficacy of cancer support group programsCindy L Carmack Taylor
Behavioral Science Unit, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Soc Sci Med 65:262-73. 2007..We also discuss ethical issues with enrolling nondistressed patients whose presence may help others, but whose likelihood of personal benefit is questionable...
- Moderator analyses of participants in the Active for Life after cancer trial: implications for physical activity group intervention studiesCindy L Carmack Taylor
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Ann Behav Med 33:99-104. 2007..Prostate cancer patients on hormonal therapy experience significant treatment-related physical and psychological sequelae...
- Grief in healthcare chaplains: an investigation of the presence of disenfranchised griefSteven Spidell
Presbyterian Outreach to Patients, Pearland, Texas 77581, USA
J Health Care Chaplain 17:75-86. 2011..The results suggest that grief, and disenfranchised grief in particular, may be an important concern to address in healthcare chaplaincy...
- Mode effects in the center for epidemiologic studies depression (CES-D) scale: personal digital assistant vs. paper and pencil administrationRichard J Swartz
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, TX, USA
Qual Life Res 16:803-13. 2007..These results underscore the importance of evaluating the cross-mode equivalence of psychosocial instruments before administering them in non-established modes...
- Mood states associated with transitory physical symptoms among breast and ovarian cancer survivorsHoda Badr
Department of Behavioral Science, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Behav Med 29:461-75. 2006..Although correlational, our findings are consistent with previous studies suggesting that variations in both pleasant and aroused mood covary with changes in real-time physical symptom reports...
- The role of blame in the psychosocial adjustment of couples coping with lung cancerKathrin Milbury
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Ann Behav Med 44:331-40. 2012..Lung cancer patients and their spouses may engage in blame attributions regarding the cancer cause, which may adversely affect their psychological adjustment...
- Spousal intimacy after cancerCindy L Carmack Taylor
U.T.M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Behavioral Science-Unit 1330, PO Box 301439, Houston, TX 77230-1439, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S217-8. 2005
- Stage of change movement across three health behaviors: the role of self-efficacyEdwin D Boudreaux
La Salle University, Department of Psychology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Am J Health Promot 19:94-102. 2004..CONCLUSION: Self-efficacy influences SOC movement for smoking cessation, dietary fat reduction, and exercise adoption...
- Changing multiple health behaviors: smoking and exerciseEdwin D Boudreaux
Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Baton Rouge, 70808, USA
Prev Med 36:471-8. 2003..However, caution should be taken when interpreting the findings since 75% of the sample had at least one chronic illness...
- Spousal Relationships and Adjustment in Lung CancerCINDY CARMACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Expressive Disclosure Program for Colorectal CA PatientsCINDY CARMACK; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..