Affiliation: The Scripps Research Institute
- Dorsal and median raphe serotonergic system lesion does not alter the opiate withdrawal syndromeStephanie Caillé
Lab de Neuropsychobiologie des Désadaptations, CNRS UMR 5541, BP31, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 72:979-86. 2002..These results demonstrate that 5-HT systems are not directly responsible for the development of the somatic opiate withdrawal syndrome in morphine-dependent rats...
- Inhibition of 5-HT neurotransmission increases clonidine protective effects on naloxone-induced conditioned place aversion in morphine-dependent ratsStephanie Caillé
Lab de Neuropsychobiologie des Désadaptions, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:276-83. 2003..Further understanding of this serotonin/noradrenaline interaction might help devise new therapeutic treatments for the acute opiate withdrawal syndrome...
- Changes in dopaminergic neurotransmission do not alter somatic or motivational opiate withdrawal-induced symptoms in ratsStephanie Caillé
Centre Nacional de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche CNRS UMR 5541, Lab de Neuropsychobiologie de Desadaptations, Universite Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Behav Neurosci 117:995-1005. 2003..Taken together, these findings suggested that DA transmission is not critical for the induction of opiate withdrawal syndrome...
- The addition of five minor tobacco alkaloids increases nicotine-induced hyperactivity, sensitization and intravenous self-administration in ratsKelly J Clemens
CNRS UMR 5227, Team Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction, University of Bordeaux 1 and 2, Bordeaux, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:1355-66. 2009..These results suggest that the minor tobacco alkaloids, particularly anatabine, cotinine and myosmine, may increase the motivation for nicotine and thus facilitate smoking behaviour...
- Modeling nicotine addiction in ratsStephanie Caillé
CNRS UMR 5287, Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction Group, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Methods Mol Biol 829:243-56. 2012..The present article reviews different characteristics of the nicotine IVSA model that has been developed to examine nicotine reinforcing and motivational properties in rats...
- Nicotine self-administration induces CB1-dependent LTP in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalisAnne Ruth Reisiger
Universite de Bordeaux, INCIA, BP31, F 33076 Bordeaux, France, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR5287 INCIA, F 33076 Bordeaux, France, INSERM U901, F 13009 Marseille, France, Université de la Méditerranée UMR S901, Aix Marseille 2, France, INMED, F 13009 Marseille, France, Universite de Bordeaux, Interdisciplinary Institute for Neuroscience, UMR5297, F 33000 Bordeaux, France, and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Interdisciplinary Institute for Neuroscience, UMR5297, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci 34:4285-92. 2014..Thus, the synaptic potentiation within the BNST in response to ILCx stimulation seems to contribute to the cue-elicited responding associated with nicotine self-administration and is tightly controlled by CB1 receptors. ..
- Nicotine reinforcement is reduced by cannabinoid CB1 receptor blockade in the ventral tegmental areaAmelie Simonnet
Institut de Neurosciences Cognitives et Intégratives d Aquitaine, Neuropsychopharmacologie de l Addiction, Universite Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Institut de Neurosciences Cognitives et Intégratives d Aquitaine, CNRS UMR5287, Bordeaux, France
Addict Biol 18:930-6. 2013..These data suggest that in rats chronically exposed to nicotine IVSA, the cannabinoid CB1 receptors located in the VTA rather than in the NAC specifically control nicotine reinforcement and, subsequently, nicotine-taking behavior. ..
- The effects of response operandum and prior food training on intravenous nicotine self-administration in ratsKelly J Clemens
CNRS UMR 5227, Team Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 211:43-54. 2010..Nicotine intravenous self-administration (IVSA) in rats has been conducted using a variety of methodological procedures with equally variable results...