Affiliation: The Scripps Research Institute
- Dorsal and median raphe serotonergic system lesion does not alter the opiate withdrawal syndromeStephanie Caillé
Lab de Neuropsychobiologie des Désadaptations, CNRS UMR 5541, BP31, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 72:979-86. 2002..These results demonstrate that 5-HT systems are not directly responsible for the development of the somatic opiate withdrawal syndrome in morphine-dependent rats...
- Inhibition of 5-HT neurotransmission increases clonidine protective effects on naloxone-induced conditioned place aversion in morphine-dependent ratsStephanie Caillé
Lab de Neuropsychobiologie des Désadaptions, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:276-83. 2003..Further understanding of this serotonin/noradrenaline interaction might help devise new therapeutic treatments for the acute opiate withdrawal syndrome...
- Changes in dopaminergic neurotransmission do not alter somatic or motivational opiate withdrawal-induced symptoms in ratsStephanie Caillé
Centre Nacional de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche CNRS UMR 5541, Lab de Neuropsychobiologie de Desadaptations, Universite Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Behav Neurosci 117:995-1005. 2003..Taken together, these findings suggested that DA transmission is not critical for the induction of opiate withdrawal syndrome...
- The addition of five minor tobacco alkaloids increases nicotine-induced hyperactivity, sensitization and intravenous self-administration in ratsKelly J Clemens
CNRS UMR 5227, Team Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction, University of Bordeaux 1 and 2, Bordeaux, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:1355-66. 2009..These results suggest that the minor tobacco alkaloids, particularly anatabine, cotinine and myosmine, may increase the motivation for nicotine and thus facilitate smoking behaviour...
- Modeling nicotine addiction in ratsStephanie Caillé
CNRS UMR 5287, Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction Group, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Methods Mol Biol 829:243-56. 2012..The present article reviews different characteristics of the nicotine IVSA model that has been developed to examine nicotine reinforcing and motivational properties in rats...
- The effects of response operandum and prior food training on intravenous nicotine self-administration in ratsKelly J Clemens
CNRS UMR 5227, Team Neuropsychopharmacology of Addiction, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 211:43-54. 2010..Nicotine intravenous self-administration (IVSA) in rats has been conducted using a variety of methodological procedures with equally variable results...