R W Burry
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- PKC activators (phorbol ester or bryostatin) stimulate outgrowth of NGF-dependent neurites in a subline of PC12 cellsR W Burry
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Neurosci Res 53:214-22. 1998..These results suggest that a PMA or bryostatin incubation followed by NGF activates PKC isoforms delta-, and epsilon-leading to outgrowth of long neurites, and that the PMA signaling is independent of the MAPK pathway...
- HuD distribution changes in response to heat shock but not neurotrophic stimulationRichard W Burry
Department of Neuroscience, 4068 Graves Hall, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, 333 West Tenth Avenue, Columbus, OH, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1129-38. 2006....
- Controls for immunocytochemistry: an updateRichard W Burry
Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 59:6-12. 2011..Publications containing immunocytochemical results must give details of how these controls were performed...
- p21(ras) stimulates pathways in addition to ERK, p38, and Akt to induce elongation of neurites in PC12 cellsR W Burry
Department of Neuroscience, 4068 Graves Hall, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, 333 West Tenth Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
J Neurosci Res 63:45-53. 2001..These results show that p21(ras)-activated pathways other than ERK, p38, and Akt are necessary for appropriate NGF-stimulated neurite elongation in PC12 cells...
- Domain-dependent modulation of PDGFRbeta by ganglioside GM1Janet L Oblinger
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Mol Neurosci 20:103-14. 2003..This suggests that the inhibition of PDGFRbeta by GM1 in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts maps to either the extracellular and/or transmembrane domain of PDGFRbeta...
- Ultrasound-mediated gene transfer into neuronal cellsAndy J Fischer
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, 3020 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
J Biotechnol 122:393-411. 2006..We conclude that sonoporation is a simple, effective and inexpensive means by which to preferentially transfect DNA into neuronal cells...
- Kainate-induced excitotoxicity is dependent upon extracellular potassium concentrations that regulate the activity of AMPA/KA type glutamate receptorsByeong Keun Ha
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurochem 83:934-45. 2002..This study suggests that KA-induced excitotoxicity in mature CGCs is dependent upon the extracellular potassium concentration, which modulates functional expression and excitability of AMPA/KA receptors...
- Corticotropin releasing factor enhances survival of cultured GABAergic cerebellar neurons after exposure to a neurotoxinPaul Madtes
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 151:119-28. 2004..Thus, these data support the concept that CRF plays a neuroprotective role in the survival of GABAergic cerebellar neurons in culture after exposure to a neurotoxin...
- GAP-43 mRNA in growth cones is associated with HuD and ribosomesCatherine L Smith
Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1239, USA
J Neurobiol 61:222-35. 2004..Together, these results demonstrate that many of the components necessary for GAP-43 mRNA translation/stabilization are present within growth cones...
- Colocalization of the IL-12 receptor and FcgammaRIIIa to natural killer cell lipid rafts leads to activation of ERK and enhanced production of interferon-gammaSri Vidya Kondadasula
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Human Cancer Genetics Program, The Arthur G James Comprehensive Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 111:4173-83. 2008..These data suggest that dual recruitment of FcgammaRIIIa and the IL-12R to lipid raft microdomains allows for enhanced activation of downstream signaling events that lead to IFN-gamma production...
- Role of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 PTAP motif in Gag targeting and particle releaseIrene J Dorweiler
Institute for Molecular Virology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Virol 80:3634-43. 2006..These results indicate that the role of the PTAP motif in L domain function is cell type dependent...
- Scanning laser Confocal MicroscopeRICHARD BURRY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Acquisition of the Zeiss 510 LSM META will significantly enhance the research programs of the major users and aid other investigators in the university community. ..