Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Boosting restraint norms: a community-delivered campaign to promote booster seat useTyra Bryant-Stephens
The Community Asthma Prevention Program, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 14:578-83. 2013....
- Asthma prevalence in Philadelphia: description of two community-based methodologies to assess asthma prevalence in an inner-city populationTyra Bryant-Stephens
Community Asthma Prevention Program, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Asthma 49:581-5. 2012....
- Community asthma education program for parents of urban asthmatic childrenTyra Bryant-Stephens
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 96:954-60. 2004..To demonstrate the effectiveness of community asthma education provided by peers in the urban community...
- Outcomes of a home-based environmental remediation for urban children with asthmaTyra Bryant-Stephens
Department of Pediatrics and Community Asthma Prevention Program, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:306-16. 2008..Increasing urban asthma prevalence and severity is found among minority, underserved populations. Improving asthma self-management includes home management of complex medical protocols as well as environmental trigger removal...
- Asthma disparities in urban environmentsTyra Bryant-Stephens
Department of General Pediatrics, Community Asthma Prevention Program, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:1199-206; quiz 1207-8. 2009..Because asthma is a complex disease that affects millions of persons, multifaceted comprehensive interventions that combine all evidence-based successful strategies are essential to finally closing the gap in asthma morbidity...
- Impact of a household environmental intervention delivered by lay health workers on asthma symptom control in urban, disadvantaged children with asthmaTyra Bryant-Stephens
Department of General Pediatrics and Ambulatory Care, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S657-65. 2009..We examined whether a home-based educational and environmental intervention delivered by lay health educators would improve asthma symptom control in inner-city children with asthma...
- Impact of electronic health record-based alerts on influenza vaccination for children with asthmaAlexander G Fiks
Pediatric Generalist Research Group, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 124:159-69. 2009..The goal was to assess the impact of influenza vaccine clinical alerts on missed opportunities for vaccination and on overall influenza immunization rates for children and adolescents with asthma...
- Development and validation of an instrument to measure asthma symptom control in childrenJoseph J Zorc
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Asthma 43:753-8. 2006..Few instruments exist to measure control of asthma symptoms in children. A brief instrument administered at healthcare visits could provide a more consistent approach to symptom recognition for patients and providers...
- Community Partnership for Asthma PreventionTyra Bryant Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2004....