Brittany M Brothers
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Cancer patients with major depressive disorder: testing a biobehavioral/cognitive behavior interventionBrittany M Brothers
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 159 Psychology Building, 1835 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:253-60. 2011..In this Phase II trial, we evaluated a novel psychological treatment for depressed patients coping with the stresses of cancer. Effectiveness of a combined biobehavioral intervention (BBI) and cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) was studied...
- Motivating Latino smokers to quit: does type of social support matter?Brittany M Brothers
The Ohio State University, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:S96-102. 2011..The study's aims are to examine which types of social support are effective for quitting smoking among Latino smokers and whether social support buffers the effects of depressed mood on smoking cessation...
- Hopelessness as a predictor of depressive symptoms for breast cancer patients coping with recurrenceBrittany M Brothers
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
Psychooncology 18:267-75. 2009..The Hopelessness Theory of Depression provides the framework to test feelings of hopelessness and social support as predictors of depressive symptoms in women recently diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer...
- Factor analytic and item response theory evaluation of the Penn State Worry Questionnaire in women with cancerSalene M Wu
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 1835 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
Qual Life Res 22:1441-9. 2013..This study utilized modern psychometric methods to examine the reliability of a worry measure in women with breast or gynecologic cancer...
- Sexual morbidity associated with poorer psychological adjustment among gynecological cancer survivorsAnna O Levin
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, Psychology Bldg 159, 1835 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:461-70. 2010..The present study tests the association between sexual morbidity, and adverse psychological adjustment and QoL outcomes...
- Do survivorship care plans impact patients' evaluations of care? A randomized evaluation with gynecologic oncology patientsBrittany M Brothers
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 1835 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Gynecol Oncol 129:554-8. 2013..Despite recommendations from the Institute of Medicine regarding survivorship care plan (SCP) delivery to cancer patients, there have been few health service outcome evaluations thus far...
- Stress and quality of life in breast cancer recurrence: moderation or mediation of coping?Hae Chung Yang
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 1835 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
Ann Behav Med 35:188-97. 2008..The present study investigates the longitudinal relationships between stress, coping, and mental health QoL...