Lee J Brooks
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Diagnosis and evaluation of obstructive sleep apnoea in childrenLee J Brooks
University of Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:701-5. 2008....
- Enuresis in children with sleep apneaLee J Brooks
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, 19104, USA
J Pediatr 142:515-8. 2003....
- A cross-sectional study of vitamin D and insulin resistance in childrenAndrea Kelly
Division of Endocrinology Diabetes, 1130 Northwest Tower, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arch Dis Child 96:447-52. 2011..PATIENTS/SETTING/DESIGN: Cross-sectional study of 85 children aged 4-18 years recruited from the local Philadelphia community and Sleep Center...
- Sleep architecture and glucose and insulin homeostasis in obese adolescentsDorit Koren
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
Diabetes Care 34:2442-7. 2011..We hypothesized that in obese adolescents, sleep disturbances would associate with altered glucose and insulin homeostasis...
- Accuracy of computer algorithms and the human eye in scoring actigraphyKathleen Boyne
Divison of Pulmonology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Breath 17:411-7. 2013..The purpose of this study is to determine the optimal scoring method and parameter settings of actigraphy by comparison to simultaneous polysomnography (PSG)...
- Catecholamines, adiponectin, and insulin resistance as measured by HOMA in children with obstructive sleep apneaAndrea Kelly
Division Endocrinology Diabetes, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Sleep 33:1185-91. 2010..We hypothesized that OSA is associated with worse insulin resistance and lower adiponectin after adjustment for obesity and puberty and that catecholamines might mediate these changes...
- Obesity and respiratory diseases in childhoodElizabeth K Fiorino
Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Chest Med 30:601-8, x. 2009..Severe obesity and OSA may lead to the obesity-hypoventilation syndrome, with hypoxia, hypercapnia, and reduced ventilatory drive. Obesity can increase a child's risk for complications of anesthesia and recovery from surgery...
- Relationship between REM density, duty cycle, and obstructive sleep apnea in childrenLaurie Karamessinis
The Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital ofPhiladelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 30:837-43. 2007..We speculate that the increase in the duty cycle is a compensatory response to increased upper airway loads during sleep, and that this may lead to ventilatory or upper airway muscle fatigue...
- Enuresis and sleep apneaLee J Brooks
Pediatrics 116:799-800; author reply 800. 2005
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in childrenPreetam Bandla
Pulmonary Division, Sleep Disorders Center, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4399, USA
Anesthesiol Clin North America 23:535-49, viii. 2005..The symptoms, polysomnographic findings, pathophysiology, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome are significantly different in children from those seen in adults...
- Ontogeny of arousalDavid H Crowell
Department of Pediatrics, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Kapi olani Medical Center for Women and Children, Honolulu, Hawaii 96826, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 21:290-300. 2004....
- Infant polysomnography: reliability and validity of infant arousal assessmentDavid H Crowell
Department of Pediatrics, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii and Kapi olani Medical Center for Women and Children, Honolulu, HI 96826, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 19:469-83. 2002..Alternate evaluation based on concordance agreements supports reliance on infant EEG criteria for assessment. Results mandate additional confirmatory validation studies with specific training on infant EEG arousal assessment criteria...