Andrew S Bowman
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Comparative effectiveness of isolation techniques for contemporary Influenza A virus strains circulating in exhibition swineAndrew S Bowman
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1920 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 25:82-90. 2013..S. pigs. Effectiveness and cost savings justify the use of SFM-adapted MDCK cell culture over ECEs for the recovery of contemporary FLUAV strains from exhibition swine...
- Subclinical influenza virus A infections in pigs exhibited at agricultural fairs, Ohio, USA, 2009-2011Andrew S Bowman
The Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1945-50. 2012..Subclinical influenza virus A infections in pigs at agricultural fairs may pose a risk to human health and create challenges for passive surveillance programs for influenza virus A in swine herds...
- Prevalence of Yersinia enterocolitica in different phases of production on swine farmsAndrew S Bowman
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1920 Coffey Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Food Prot 70:11-6. 2007..1% (26.7% of which were ail positive), yet YE was never detected from the farrowing sows. These results represent the first on-farm description of YE in U.S. herds and provide the initial step for designing future studies of YE...
- Antigenic characterization of H3N2 influenza A viruses from Ohio agricultural fairsZhixin Feng
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi, USA
J Virol 87:7655-67. 2013....
- Prevalence of Yersinia enterocolitica in antimicrobial-free and conventional antimicrobial use swine productionJulie A Funk
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 10:514-9. 2013..g., confinement or outdoor housing), which may be associated with risk of Y. enterocolitica in swine...
- Evidence for the circulation and inter-hemispheric movement of the H14 subtype influenza A virusAnthony C Fries
The Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e59216. 2013..Additionally, the reassortment history of these viruses raises concern for the inter-continental spread of IAVs and the efficacy of current IAV surveillance efforts in detecting genomic diversity of viruses circulating in wild birds...