Andrew S Bowman
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Comparative effectiveness of isolation techniques for contemporary Influenza A virus strains circulating in exhibition swineAndrew S Bowman
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1920 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 25:82-90. 2013..S. pigs. Effectiveness and cost savings justify the use of SFM-adapted MDCK cell culture over ECEs for the recovery of contemporary FLUAV strains from exhibition swine...
- Subclinical influenza virus A infections in pigs exhibited at agricultural fairs, Ohio, USA, 2009-2011Andrew S Bowman
The Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1945-50. 2012..Subclinical influenza virus A infections in pigs at agricultural fairs may pose a risk to human health and create challenges for passive surveillance programs for influenza virus A in swine herds...
- Prevalence of Yersinia enterocolitica in different phases of production on swine farmsAndrew S Bowman
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1920 Coffey Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Food Prot 70:11-6. 2007..1% (26.7% of which were ail positive), yet YE was never detected from the farrowing sows. These results represent the first on-farm description of YE in U.S. herds and provide the initial step for designing future studies of YE...
- Antigenic characterization of H3N2 influenza A viruses from Ohio agricultural fairsZhixin Feng
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi, USA
J Virol 87:7655-67. 2013....
- Prevalence of Yersinia enterocolitica in antimicrobial-free and conventional antimicrobial use swine productionJulie A Funk
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 10:514-9. 2013..g., confinement or outdoor housing), which may be associated with risk of Y. enterocolitica in swine...
- Genomic analyses detect Eurasian-lineage H10 and additional H14 influenza A viruses recovered from waterfowl in the Central United StatesAnthony C Fries
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA Department of Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 8:493-8. 2014..Genomic analyses revealed additional diversity among IAV isolates not detected by antigenic subtyping and provided further insight into interhemispheric spread of avian-origin IAVs. ..
- Evidence for the circulation and inter-hemispheric movement of the H14 subtype influenza A virusAnthony C Fries
The Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e59216. 2013..Additionally, the reassortment history of these viruses raises concern for the inter-continental spread of IAVs and the efficacy of current IAV surveillance efforts in detecting genomic diversity of viruses circulating in wild birds...