David M Bisaro
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Functional modulation of the geminivirus AL2 transcription factor and silencing suppressor by self-interactionXiaojuan Yang
Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, 1060 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Virol 81:11972-81. 2007..Thus, AL2 self-interaction correlates with nuclear localization and efficient activation of transcription, whereas AL2 and L2 monomers can suppress local silencing by interacting with ADK in the cytoplasm...
- Development of a gene silencing DNA vector derived from a broad host range geminivirusEdward M Golenberg
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Plant Methods 5:9. 2009..We present a new, unipartite vector that is derived from a curtovirus that has a broad host range and will be amenable to use in many non-model systems...
- Silencing suppression by geminivirus proteinsDavid M Bisaro
Department of Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnology Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Virology 344:158-68. 2006..Recent advances in our understanding of different geminivirus silencing suppressors indicate that they can affect all three pathways, suggesting that multiple aspects of silencing impact geminivirus replication...
- Geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteins suppress transcriptional gene silencing and cause genome-wide reductions in cytosine methylationR Cody Buchmann
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Virol 83:5005-13. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first report that viral proteins can inhibit TGS...
- Adenosine kinase is inactivated by geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteinsHui Wang
Department of Molecular Genetics, Plant Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Plant Cell 15:3020-32. 2003..AL2 proteins also have been shown to act as suppressors of RNA silencing, an adaptive host defense response. A possible relationship between ADK inactivation and silencing suppression is discussed...
- Adenosine kinase inhibition and suppression of RNA silencing by geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteinsHui Wang
Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, 201 Rightmire Hall, 1060 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Virol 79:7410-8. 2005..Further, since AL2(1-100) is as effective a suppressor as the full-length AL2 protein, activation and silencing suppression appear to be independent activities...
- Characterization of the RNA silencing suppression activity of the Ebola virus VP35 protein in plants and mammalian cellsYali Zhu
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Virol 86:3038-49. 2012..The results suggest the importance of VP35-protein interactions in blocking silencing in a system (mammalian) that cannot amplify dsRNA...
- Viral genome methylation as an epigenetic defense against geminivirusesPriya Raja
Department of Molecular Genetics, Plant Biotechnology Center, and Program in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Virol 82:8997-9007. 2008..In addition, our results establish that geminiviruses can be useful models for genome methylation in plants and suggest that there are redundant pathways leading to cytosine methylation...
- RNA silencing directed against geminiviruses: post-transcriptional and epigenetic componentsPriya Raja
Department of Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnology Center, and the Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1799:337-51. 2010..Here we use the DNA-containing geminiviruses as models to discuss what is currently known about both types of antiviral silencing, and viral suppression of PTGS and TGS as a counterdefense...
- Geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteins interact with and inactivate SNF1 kinaseLinhui Hao
Department of Molecular Genetics, Plant Biotechnology Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Plant Cell 15:1034-48. 2003..They also indicate that geminiviruses are able to modify host metabolism to their own advantage, and they provide a molecular link between metabolic status and inherent susceptibility to viral pathogens...
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 suppresses RNA-induced gene silencing in mammalian cellsZetang Wu
Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Virol 83:6652-63. 2009....
- Identification of a minimal sequence required for activation of the tomato golden mosaic virus coat protein promoter in protoplastsGarry Sunter
Department of Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnology Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Virology 305:452-62. 2003..Thus, in a protoplast system which models mesophyll, regulation of the minimal CP promoter involves both activation and derepression by TrAP...
- Improved expression of recombinant GFP using a replicating vector based on Beet curly top virus in leaf-disks and infiltrated Nicotiana benthamiana leavesKyung Il Kim
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon 449 701, Korea
Plant Mol Biol 64:103-12. 2007..Expression of recombinant GFP from Agrobacterium-inoculated leaf-disks of N. benthamiana was further enhanced up to 240% in the presence of post-transcriptional gene silencing suppressor p19...