T B Bevers
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- The results of a breast cancer screening cAMP at a district level in rural IndiaNeha Reddy
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:6067-72. 2012..However, it is expensive and fraught with logistical issues in developing countries like India...
- The STAR trial: evidence for raloxifene as a breast cancer risk reduction agent for postmenopausal womenTherese B Bevers
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 1322, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:719-24. 2007..Since the unblinding of the STAR trial in 2006, raloxifene has emerged as an option for reducing breast cancer risk for postmenopausal women at increased risk for the disease...
- Raloxifene and the prevention of breast cancerTherese B Bevers
Cancer Prevention Center, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:2301-7. 2006..When raloxifene becomes FDA approved for breast cancer risk reduction, postmenopausal women will have a second option to reduce their risk...
- Breast cancer chemoprevention: current clinical practice and future directionT B Bevers
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Cancer Prevention, Houston 77030, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 55:559-64. 2001..Findings are anticipated in 2006...
- Quality of life and sexual functioning in cervical cancer survivorsMichael Frumovitz
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, 1155 Herman Pressler, CPB6 3244, Unit 1362, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7428-36. 2005..To compare quality of life and sexual functioning in cervical cancer survivors treated with either radical hysterectomy and lymph node dissection or radiotherapy...
- Phase II clinical trial of N-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)retinamide and tamoxifen administration before definitive surgery for breast neoplasiaS Eva Singletary
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2835-42. 2002..Surrogate end point biomarkers (SEBs) that can be measured in ductal carcinoma in situ or early-stage invasive cancer are needed to improve the efficiency and reduce the cost of chemoprevention trials...
- Are there racial differences in breast cancer treatments and clinical outcomes for women treated at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center?Yu Shen
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 447, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 102:347-56. 2007..To determine the influence of race on breast cancer treatment and on recurrence and breast cancer specific death...
- Genetic variants in the H2AFX promoter region are associated with risk of sporadic breast cancer in non-Hispanic white women aged <or=55 yearsJiachun Lu
Department of Epidemiology, Unit 1365, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 110:357-66. 2008..Larger association studies and related functional studies are warranted to confirm these findings...
- Prognostic role of detection method and its relationship with tumor biomarkers in breast cancer: the university of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center experienceWenli Dong
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1096-103. 2008..To assess the effect of tumor detection method (screening versus symptom-based diagnosis) in predicting breast cancer survival and investigate how biological features of breast cancer are related to the tumor detection method...
- Breast cancer screening and diagnosisTherese B Bevers
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:480-508. 2006
- Effects of tamoxifen vs raloxifene on the risk of developing invasive breast cancer and other disease outcomes: the NSABP Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) P-2 trialVictor G Vogel
Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3221, USA
JAMA 295:2727-41. 2006..Tamoxifen is approved for the reduction of breast cancer risk, and raloxifene has demonstrated a reduced risk of breast cancer in trials of older women with osteoporosis...
- Tamoxifen for the prevention of breast cancer: current status of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project P-1 studyBernard Fisher
Operations Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1652-62. 2005..Side effects of varying clinical significance were observed. The trial was unblinded because of the positive results, and follow-up continued. This report updates our initial findings...
- Breast cancer risk reductionTherese B Bevers
National Comprehensive Cancer Network
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:676-701. 2007