David P Bahner
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Ultrasound in the diagnosis of Fournier's gangreneErika Kube
Department of Emergency Medicine, Ohio Health, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci 2:104-6. 2012..We present an illustrative case of a patient with FG who was evaluated with focused bedside ultrasonography...
- Trained simulated ultrasound patients: medical students as models, learners, and teachersJ Matthew Blickendorf
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University, 750 Prior Hall, 376 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 USA
J Ultrasound Med 33:35-8. 2014..It can be challenging to find human models for hands-on scanning sessions. This article outlines an educational model from a large university medical center that uses medical students to fulfill the need for human models...
- Integrated medical school ultrasound: development of an ultrasound vertical curriculumDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 750 Prior Hall, 376 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Crit Ultrasound J 5:6. 2013..However, there has remained the major challenge of determining at which level is integrating ultrasound training within the medical training paradigm most appropriate...
- Advanced ultrasound training for fourth-year medical students: a novel training program at The Ohio State University College of MedicineDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, USA
Acad Med 88:206-13. 2013....
- The ultrasound challenge: a novel approach to medical student ultrasound educationDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 750 Prior Hall, 376 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Ultrasound Med 31:2013-6. 2012..Medical center residents and faculty served as judges. The Ultrasound Challenge successfully provided medical students with ultrasound experience for future clinical endeavors...
- The sonographic digital portfolio: a longitudinal ultrasound image tracking programDaralee R Hughes
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 760 Prior Health Sciences Library, 376 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
Crit Ultrasound J 4:15. 2012..abstract:..
- How we use social media to supplement a novel curriculum in medical educationDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University, 4735 Cramblett Hall, 456 W 10th Avenue, OH 43210, Columbus, USA
Med Teach 34:439-44. 2012..The millennial learner is reliant on technology to gain knowledge. Social media in the form of Twitter and Facebook provide a unique way to reach these learners...
- Brightness mode quality ultrasound imaging examination technique (B-QUIET): quantifying quality in ultrasound imagingDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Ultrasound Med 30:1649-55. 2011..The purpose of this study was to design and perform a pilot reliability study of the Brightness Mode Quality Ultrasound Imaging Examination Technique (B-QUIET) method for ultrasound quality image assessment...
- I-AIM: a novel model for teaching and performing focused sonographyDavid P Bahner
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 4510 Cramblett Hall, 456 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 USA
J Ultrasound Med 31:295-300. 2012..Although validation and reliability studies will be required before implementation, the I-AIM model represents the first effort to standardize and improve clinical and educational focused-sonography...
- The 9th annual INDUS-EM 2013 Emergency Medicine Summit, "Principles, Practices, and Patients," a level one international meeting, Kerala University of Health Sciences and Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur, Kerala, India, OctMamta Swaroop
Department of Anesthesiology, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 410 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Philos Ethics Humanit Med 9:8. 2014..The INDUS-EM leadership and board of directors invited scholars from multiple institutions to participate in this advanced educational symposium that was held in Thrissur, Kerala in October 2013. ..
- Sonographic evaluation of intravascular volume status in the surgical intensive care unit: a prospective comparison of subclavian vein and inferior vena cava collapsibility indexAlistair Kent
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Surg Res 184:561-6. 2013..The goal of this investigation is to determine the feasibility of subclavian vein (SCV) collapsibility as an adjunct to IVC collapsibility in intravascular volume status assessment...
- Ultrasound-assisted musculoskeletal procedures: A practical overview of current literatureNelson A Royall
Nelson A Royall, David P Bahner, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
World J Orthop 2:57-66. 2011..Despite the limited amount of prospective, randomized data in this area, a substantial body of observational and retrospective evidence suggests potential benefits from the use of musculoskeletal bedside sonography...
- Educating the delivery of bad news in medicine: Preceptorship versus simulationAndrew P Jacques
The Ohio State University, Department of Emergency Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci 1:121-4. 2011..Simulation training can help to develop the skills needed to effectively and empathetically deliver bad news to patients and families in medical practice...