Robert A Avery
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Prediction of Lyme meningitis in children from a Lyme disease-endemic region: a logistic-regression model using history, physical, and laboratory findingsRobert A Avery
Department of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 117:e1-7. 2006..No large studies have compared patients with LM to all patients presenting with AM and attempted to define a clinical prediction model...
- Patient position during lumbar puncture has no meaningful effect on cerebrospinal fluid opening pressure in childrenRobert A Avery
Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4399, USA
J Child Neurol 25:616-9. 2010....
- Myopia associated with optic nerve gliomas in neurofibromatosis type 1Alejandra G de Alba Campomanes
Division of Ophthalmology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J AAPOS 16:89-91. 2012..To our knowledge, the association of myopia ipsilateral to the presence or growth of optic nerve gliomas has not been reported...
- Vitamin B12 optic neuropathy in autismStacy L Pineles
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Division of Neuro ophthalmology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 126:e967-70. 2010..Physicians must have a high index of suspicion when evaluating children with autism and visual loss to detect this rare cause of optic atrophy...
- Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in children with optic pathway gliomasRobert A Avery
Division of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:542-9.e2. 2011..To determine the relationship of high-contrast visual acuity (VA) and low-contrast letter acuity with retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness in children with optic pathway gliomas...
- Diagnostic utility of Borrelia burgdorferi cerebrospinal fluid polymerase chain reaction in children with Lyme meningitisRobert A Avery
Department of Pediatrics, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children and Nemours Children s Clinic Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:705-8. 2005..No studies have specifically examined the diagnostic utility of Lyme CSF-PCR in North American children with Lyme meningitis...
- Visual and systemic outcomes in pediatric ocular myasthenia gravisStacy L Pineles
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 150:453-459.e3. 2010..To evaluate visual and systemic outcomes in pediatric patients with purely ocular myasthenia gravis (OMG) treated at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia...
- Symptomatic increased intracranial pressure due to arachnoid cystsSashank Prasad
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Neurol 44:377-80. 2011..These cases illustrate the potential for arachnoid cysts to outstrip compensatory mechanisms and cause signs and symptoms requiring definitive surgical intervention...
- Predictive model for Lyme meningitis: a replyRobert A Avery
Pediatrics 119:219-20. 2007