T S Armstrong
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Glial tumors--new approaches in chemotherapyTerri S Armstrong
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
J Neurosci Nurs 34:326-30. 2002..Agents designed to target specific processes and structures involved in tumor cell division and innovative combinations of cytotoxic and cytostatic therapies offer future hope for the efficacious treatment of gliomas...
- Net clinical benefit: functional endpoints in brain tumor clinical trialsTerri S Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 431, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 9:60-5. 2007..This paper reviews these three approaches and discusses their potential use in evaluation of therapies for patients with primary brain tumors...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use and quality of life in patients with primary brain tumorsTerri Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:148-54. 2006..This may be especially relevant in those patients with higher functional status participating in clinical trials...
- Validation of the M.D. Anderson Symptom Inventory Brain Tumor Module (MDASI-BT)T S Armstrong
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 80:27-35. 2006..Primary brain tumor (PBT) patients are unique in the occurrence of neurologic symptoms. Currently, no instrument exists that measures both neurologic and cancer-related symptoms...
- Content validity of self-report measurement instruments: an illustration from the development of the Brain Tumor Module of the M.D. Anderson Symptom InventoryTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:669-76. 2005..To illustrate one technique for establishing content validity of measurements using the initial development and testing of the M.D. Anderson Symptom Inventory Brain Tumor Module...
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathyTerri Armstrong
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:305-11. 2005..To review the literature documenting the scope, treatment, and prevention of chemotherapy-induced neuropathy...
- Imaging techniques in neuro-oncologyTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:231-9. 2004..To review neuroimaging techniques used in the diagnosis and follow-up of patients with brain tumors as well as promising new technology...
- Symptom clusters in oncology patients and implications for symptom research in people with primary brain tumorsTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas Health Science Center at Huston, TX, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:197-206. 2004..To provide a critical analysis of the state of the science of research on symptom clusters in the general oncology population, compared to symptom research in the primary brain tumor population...
- Symptoms experience: a concept analysisTerri S Armstrong
School of Nursing, University of Texas, Houston, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 30:601-6. 2003..To provide a clearly constructed definition of the concept of symptoms experience...
- Seize the moment to learn about epilepsy in people with cancerTerri S Armstrong
Clin J Oncol Nurs 7:163-9. 2003..Oncology nurses must be aware of the potential seriousness of this complication and implement appropriate strategies to assist patients in maintaining safety and quality of life...
- Mood disturbance in glioma patientsA A Acquaye
Department of Neuro Oncology, MDACC, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 113:505-12. 2013..The use of concomitant medications, demographic factors, recurrence and income are associated with mood disturbance and interventions may need to be tailored to these underlying factors...
- Increased intracranial pressureEva Lu T Lee
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 12:37-41. 2008
- Intracranial tumorsTerri S Armstrong
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:221-3. 2004
- The treatment of neoplastic meningitisTerri S Armstrong
The University of Texas, Department of Neuro Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1929-35. 2004..Therefore, careful evaluation and treatment planning is warranted in order to avoid treatment-associated toxicities and to maximise the impact of the treatment on the disease process...
- Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumorsTerri S Armstrong
Department of Integrative Nursing Care, University of Texas Health Science Center School of Nursing, 6901 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 8:264-8. 2008..Further studies are needed to evaluate the impact of CAM on symptom control or tumor growth in this vulnerable patient population...