Affiliation: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
Location: Houston, USA
- Cancer invasion and resistance: interconnected processes of disease progression and therapy failureStephanie Alexander
Department of Dermatology and Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Trends Mol Med 18:13-26. 2012..We also discuss their interdependencies and the implications for therapeutic dual- or multi-pathway targeting...
- Dynamic imaging of cancer growth and invasion: a modified skin-fold chamber modelStephanie Alexander
Department of Dermatology, Venerology, and Allergology and Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 130:1147-54. 2008..This modified window model will be suited to address mechanisms of cancer invasion and metastasis, and related experimental therapy...
- Infrared multiphoton microscopy: subcellular-resolved deep tissue imagingVolker Andresen
University of Wurzburg, Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine, Department of Dermatology, Venerology, and Allergology, Wurzburg, Germany
Curr Opin Biotechnol 20:54-62. 2009..Furthermore, it still provides subcellular resolution at depths of several hundred micrometers and thus will enhance long-term live cell and deep tissue microscopy...
- Genomic instability of micronucleated cells revealed by single-cell comparative genomic hybridizationAndrea Imle
Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine, Department of Dermatology, Universtiy Würzburg, Germany
Cytometry A 75:562-8. 2009..Thus, single-cell selection of defined nuclear states is amenable to single-cell CGH and here provides first insight into the aberration drift and genomic diversity in cancer cells with and without micronuclei...
- Collagen-based cell migration models in vitro and in vivoKatarina Wolf
Department of Cell Biology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Science, Radboud University Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Semin Cell Dev Biol 20:931-41. 2009..Future in-depth comparison of structure and physical properties between 3D ECM-based models in vitro and in vivo are mandatory to better understand the mechanisms and limits of interstitial cell movements in distinct tissue environments...
- Cancer invasion and the microenvironment: plasticity and reciprocityPeter Friedl
Department of Cell Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HC Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cell 147:992-1009. 2011..The resulting "plasticity" contributes to the generation of diverse cancer invasion routes and programs, enhanced tumor heterogeneity, and ultimately sustained metastatic dissemination...
- Preclinical intravital microscopy of the tumour-stroma interface: invasion, metastasis, and therapy responseStephanie Alexander
David H Koch Center for Applied Research of Genitourinary Cancers, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 25:659-71. 2013....