Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Inflammatory cells in tissues of gout patients and their correlations with comorbiditiesSyeling Lai
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA Department of Pathology, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Open Rheumatol J 7:26-31. 2013..Our studies aimed to examine the immune cell types and quantity in gout tissues, and to define the association of individual cell type with comorbidities...
- Differential dynamic properties of scleroderma fibroblasts in response to perturbation of environmental stimuliMomiao Xiong
Human Genetics Center, School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston UTHSC H, Houston, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1693. 2008..Our findings may open a new avenue in exploring the functions of cells and mechanism operative in disease development...
- Association of HLA-DPB1 with scleroderma and its clinical features in Chinese populationJiucun Wang
Ministry of Education MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology and State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China Institute of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 9:e87363. 2014....
- Attenuation of fibrosis in vitro and in vivo with SPARC siRNAJiu Cun Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R60. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine whether inhibition of SPARC can regulate collagen expression in vitro and in vivo, and subsequently attenuate fibrotic stimulation by bleomycin in mouse skin and lungs...
- M cells are involved in pathogenesis of human contact lens-associated giant papillary conjunctivitisXingwu Zhong
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center and State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510060, China
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 55:173-7. 2007..The objective was to study the pathogenesis of contact lens-associated giant papillary conjunctivitis (CL-GPC)...
- Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma): specific autoantigen genes are selectively overexpressed in scleroderma fibroblastsX Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics and Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 167:7126-33. 2001..Therefore, SSc-associated autoantigen genes are selectively overexpressed in SSc dermal fibroblasts, a major tissue involved in disease pathogenesis...
- cDNA microarrays reveal distinct gene expression clusters in idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesXiaodong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Sci Monit 10:BR191-7. 2004..This study was to use gene microarray analysis of muscle biopsies from PM and DM patients to obtain a comprehensive view of molecules participating in disease pathogenesis...
- Decreased catalytic function with altered sumoylation of DNA topoisomerase I in the nuclei of scleroderma fibroblastsXiaodong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R128. 2011..The aims of this study were to examine the catalytic function and sumoylation of topo I in the nuclei of SSc fibroblasts, a major cell type involved in the fibrotic process...
- Small interfering RNA inhibition of SPARC attenuates the profibrotic effect of transforming growth factor beta1 in cultured normal human fibroblastsXiaodong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:257-61. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine whether specific inhibition of SPARC can influence the expression of type I collagen and ameliorate the profibrotic activity of TGFbeta1 on normal human fibroblasts...
- Association of novel polymorphisms with the expression of SPARC in normal fibroblasts and with susceptibility to sclerodermaXiaodong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 5 270, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:2990-9. 2002..SPARC (secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine) regulates the deposition or assembly of ECM components. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of SPARC in SSc susceptibility by functional and genetic association studies...
- Autoantibodies to fibrillin-1 activate normal human fibroblasts in culture through the TGF-beta pathway to recapitulate the "scleroderma phenotype"Xiaodong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Immunol 175:4555-60. 2005....
- SPARC, an upstream regulator of connective tissue growth factor in response to transforming growth factor beta stimulationX D Zhou
University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3885-9. 2006....
- Attenuation of collagen production with small interfering RNA of SPARC in cultured fibroblasts from the skin of patients with sclerodermaXiaodong Zhou
University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2626-31. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine whether inhibition of SPARC with small interfering RNA (siRNA) can be used to ameliorate the overproduction of major extracellular matrix components in SSc fibroblasts...
- Attenuation of expression of extracellular matrix genes with siRNAs to Sparc and Ctgf in skin fibroblasts of CTGF transgenic miceJ C Wang
MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology and State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 24:595-601. 2011..Therefore, our results indicated that both SPARC and CTGF appeared to be involved in the same biological pathway, and they have the potential to serve as a therapeutic target for fibrotic diseases such as SSc...
- HLA-DPB1 and DPB2 are genetic loci for systemic sclerosis: a genome-wide association study in Koreans with replication in North AmericansXiaodong Zhou
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:3807-14. 2009..To identify systemic sclerosis (SSc) susceptibility loci via a genome-wide association study...
- Immunochip analysis identifies multiple susceptibility loci for systemic sclerosisMaureen D Mayes
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
Am J Hum Genet 94:47-61. 2014....
- Classification analysis of the transcriptosome of nonlesional cultured dermal fibroblasts from systemic sclerosis patients with early diseaseFilemon K Tan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas at Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:865-76. 2005....
- Pulmonary involvement in systemic sclerosis: associations with genetic, serologic, sociodemographic, and behavioral factorsTerry A McNearney
Division of Rheumatology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas 77555 1165, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:318-26. 2007..To determine the relative contributions of genetic, clinical, serologic, sociodemographic, and behavioral/psychological variables to early pulmonary involvement in the Genetics versus Environment in Scleroderma Outcome Study cohort...
- Anti-fibrillarin antibody in African American patients with systemic sclerosis: immunogenetics, clinical features, and survival analysisRoozbeh Sharif
Division of Rheumatology and Immunogenetics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Rheumatol 38:1622-30. 2011..We examined the immunogenetic, clinical, and survival correlates of AFA in a large group of AA patients with SSc...
- A systems biology approach to genetic studies of complex diseasesMomiao Xiong
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, 77030, USA
FEBS Lett 579:5325-32. 2005..To prove the concept in principle, the proposed approach is applied to genetic studies of the autoimmune disease scleroderma or systemic sclerosis...
- Genome-wide association study of ankylosing spondylitis identifies non-MHC susceptibility lociJohn D Reveille
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Nat Genet 42:123-7. 2010..3 x 10(-12)). This study reports four genetic loci associated with ankylosing spondylitis risk and identifies a major role for the interleukin (IL)-23 and IL-1 cytokine pathways in disease susceptibility...
- Classification, subtype discovery, and prediction of outcome in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia by gene expression profilingEng Juh Yeoh
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Cancer Cell 1:133-43. 2002..Thus, the single platform of expression profiling should enhance the accurate risk stratification of pediatric ALL patients...
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonizes Dot1a-Af9 complex to increase αENaC transcriptionXi Zhang
Dept of Internal Medicine, Univ of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin, MSB 5 135, Houston, TX 77030
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F1436-44. 2013..Impaired ENaC expression due to failure to inhibit Dot1a-Af9 may play an important role in the early stages of PHA-1 (before postnatal day 8) in MR(-/-) mice...
- Can serum surfactant protein D or CC-chemokine ligand 18 predict outcome of interstitial lung disease in patients with early systemic sclerosis?Mona Elhaj
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Rheumatol 40:1114-20. 2013..To examine the predictive significance of 2 pneumoproteins, surfactant protein D (SP-D) and CC-chemokine ligand 18 (CCL18), for the course of systemic sclerosis (SSc)-related interstitial lung disease...
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis associated with influenza A (H1N1) infection in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: an autopsy case report and review of the literatureSyeling Lai
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 16:477-84. 2012..We review the recently published autopsy findings in fatal influenza A (H1N1) infection and the association with resultant secondary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis...
- Genome-wide association study for regions of systemic sclerosis susceptibility in a Choctaw Indian population with high disease prevalenceXiaodong Zhou
University of Texas Houston Medical School
Arthritis Rheum 48:2585-92. 2003..The aim of this study was to localize chromosome regions associated with susceptibility to SSc in a relatively isolated and homogeneous population of Choctaw Indians with a high prevalence of SSc...
- Genetic signatures of pre-expansion bottleneck in the Choctaw population of OklahomaNing Wang
Center for Genome Information, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 124:373-9. 2004..Taken together, these observations are consistent with a signature of the recent population size expansion of the Choctaws, preceded by bottleneck event(s)...
- Monozygotic twins clinically discordant for scleroderma show concordance for fibroblast gene expression profilesXiaodong Zhou
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:3305-14. 2005..To discover genetic versus nongenetic molecular pathways important to the pathogenesis of SSc, we compared global gene expression patterns in twins discordant for SSc...
- Classification of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia by gene expression profilingMary E Ross
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 102:2951-9. 2003....
- Analysis of apoptosis and cell proliferation after high intensity-focused ultrasound ablation combined with microbubbles in rabbit liversWen Luo
Department of Ultrasound in Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 17th Changle Xilu, Xi an, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:962-8. 2007..To analyze apoptosis and expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) sequentially in the rabbit liver tissue after high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) ablation combined with microbubbles...
- Early diastolic peak velocity of left ventricular wall segment lying in isovolumic relaxation period as determined by tissue Doppler imagingHaibin Zhang
Department of Ultrasound, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032, PR China
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:389-97. 2008..However, we find some segments of which early diastolic peak velocities appear in the isovolumic relaxation period (PVIVR segments). The present study aimed to investigate the characteristics of PVIVR segments...
- Association scan of 14,500 nonsynonymous SNPs in four diseases identifies autoimmunity variantsPaul R Burton
Genetic Epidemiology Group, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Adrian Building, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Nat Genet 39:1329-37. 2007....
- [Nested case-control study on riboflavin levels in blood and urine and the risk of lung cancer]Xiaodong Zhou
Dept of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Huaxi School of Public Health, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 32:597-8, 601. 2003..05) after adjusting the confusing factors. No association of riboflavin indexes in blood and urine with the lung cancer risk among YTC miners were observed in the present study...
- Gene expression profiling of pediatric acute myelogenous leukemiaMary E Ross
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hartwell Center for Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 104:3679-87. 2004..Surprisingly, AMLs containing partial tandem duplications of MLL failed to cluster with MLL chimeric fusion gene cases, suggesting a significant difference in their underlying mechanism of transformation...
- Regulation of SPARC in Scleroderma FibroblastsXiaodong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will investigate whether exogenous SPARC can restore or increase fibrogenic effects of TGF-beta on cultured fibroblasts with or without suppression of the SPARC gene using recombinent SPARC protein. ..