Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Broadband coherent light generation in diamond driven by femtosecond pulsesMiaochan Zhi
Department of Physics and Institute for Quantum Studies, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77840 4242, USA
Opt Express 16:12139-47. 2008..We test the mutual coherence between the generated sidebands. Such coherence, maintained over the broad spectrum, opens possibilities for synthesis of subfemtosecond light waveforms...
- Pulse-shaper-assisted phase control of a coherent broadband spectrum of Raman sidebandsM Zhi
Institute for Quantum Studies and Department of Physics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4242, USA
Opt Lett 36:4032-4. 2011..A flat spectral phase across these five frequency-separated sub-bands is achieved, which implies generation of two to three optical-cycle pulses...
- Optimizing the laser-pulse configuration for coherent Raman spectroscopyDmitry Pestov
Institute for Quantum Studies and Departments of Physics and Chemical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Science 316:265-8. 2007....
- Heterodyne coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering for spectral phase retrieval and signal amplificationXi Wang
Institute for Quantum Studies and Department of Physics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Opt Lett 35:721-3. 2010..This control allows direct observation of the real and imaginary components of the third-order nonlinear susceptibility (chi((3))) of the sample. In addition, we demonstrate that the heterodyne method can be used to amplify the signal...
- Visible and UV coherent Raman spectroscopy of dipicolinic acidDmitry Pestov
Institute for Quantum Studies, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14976-81. 2005..The capability for unambiguous identification of DPA molecules will lead to a technique for real-time detection of spores...
- Shaper-assisted phase optimization of a broad "holey" spectrumMiaochan Zhi
Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4242, USA
Opt Express 19:23400-7. 2011..This step-by-step phase optimization of the "holey" spectrum can be applied to sidebands with similar structure to synthesize arbitrary optical waveforms...