Keith A Young
Affiliation: Texas A and M Health Science Center
- PSAPP mice exhibit regionally selective reductions in gliosis and plaque deposition in response to S100B ablationEmily Roltsch
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:78. 2010..However, the ability of S100B inhibitors to prevent/reverse AD histopathology remains controversial. This study examines the effect of S100B ablation on in vivo plaque load, gliosis and dystrophic neurons...
- 5HTTLPR polymorphism and enlargement of the pulvinar: unlocking the backdoor to the limbic systemKeith A Young
Neuropsychiatry Research Program, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, Temple, Texas 76504, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:813-8. 2007..The pulvinar nucleus of the thalamus projects to important limbic nuclei including the amygdala and cingulate cortex, is involved in the processing of stimuli with emotional content, and contains an abundance of SERT...
- Major depression, 5HTTLPR genotype, suicide and antidepressant influences on thalamic volumeKeith A Young
Neuropsychiatry Research Program, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System and Texas A and M Health Science Center Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Br J Psychiatry 192:285-9. 2008..The 5HTTLPR genetic variant of the serotonin transporter gene (SERT or 5-HTT), which is comprised of a short (SERT-s) and a long (SERT-l) allele, is associated with major depressive disorder and post-traumatic brain disorder...
- Elevated neuron number in the limbic thalamus in major depressionKeith A Young
Neuropsychiatry Research Program 151N, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, 1901 S First Street, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1270-7. 2004..Neuroanatomical studies of the thalamus have rarely been conducted in patients with mood disorders...
- Neuroprotective mechanisms of ayurvedic antidementia botanical Bacopa monnieraMuralikrishnan Dhanasekaran
Department of Neurology, Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University System HSC College of Medicine, Temple, Texas, USA
Phytother Res 21:965-9. 2007....
- Galantamine improves cognition in schizophrenic patients stabilized on risperidoneMax H Schubert
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Neuropsychiatry Research Program, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, Temple, Texas, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:530-3. 2006..Cognition in schizophrenia is impaired in a variety of cognitive domains. Galantamine, a cholinesterase inhibitor with putative nicotinic agonist-like effects, improves cognition in Alzheimer's patients...
- Bacopa monniera extract reduces amyloid levels in PSAPP miceLeigh A Holcomb
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Texas A and M, University System HSC College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76508, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 9:243-51. 2006..The areas encompassed by Congo Red-positive fibrillar amyloid deposits, however, were not altered by BME treatment. The data suggest that BME has potential application in Alzheimer's disease therapeutics...
- Clozapine and the mitogen-activated protein kinase signal transduction pathway: implications for antipsychotic actionsJeff L Browning
Department of Psychiatry, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, and Texas A and M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:617-23. 2005....
- Linkage of chromosome 13q32 to schizophrenia in a large veterans affairs cooperative study sampleStephen V Faraone
Brockton West Roxbury Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brockton, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet 114:598-604. 2002..57; P = 0.01) at 79.0 cM between markers D13S1241 (76.3 cM) and D13S159 (79.5 cM). Both ethnic groups showed a peak in this region. The peak is within 3 cM of the peak reported by Brzustowicz et al. [1999: Am J Hum Genet 65:1096-1103]...