Merrill S Wise
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Narcolepsy and other disorders of excessive sleepinessMerrill S Wise
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology Service and Sleep Disorders Center, The Methodist Hospital, 6565 Fannin Street, Mail Station M587, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Clin North Am 88:597-610, vii-viii. 2004
- A functional autoantibody in human narcolepsy?Merrill S Wise
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet 364:2076-7. 2004
- Objective measures of sleepiness and wakefulness: application to the real world?Merrill S Wise
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Children s Sleep Center, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 23:39-49. 2006..In summary, the MSLT and MWT are not perfect tests, but they are the best objective measures currently available for characterization of ability to fall asleep and ability to remain awake...
- The scoring of respiratory events in sleep: reliability and validitySusan Redline
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, WA 44106 6033, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:169-200. 2007....
- Computerized motion analysis of videotaped neonatal seizures of epileptic originNicolaos B Karayiannis
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204 4005, USA
Epilepsia 46:901-17. 2005....
- Quantifying motion in video recordings of neonatal seizures by robust motion trackers based on block motion modelsNicolaos B Karayiannis
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, N308 Engineering Building 1, 4800 Calhoun Road, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204 4005, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1065-77. 2005..The experimental results reveal that the proposed motion trackers are more accurate and reliable than existing motion tracking methods relying on pure translation and affine block motion models...
- Automated detection of videotaped neonatal seizures of epileptic originNicolaos B Karayiannis
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston, and Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77204 4005, USA
Epilepsia 47:966-80. 2006....
- Practice parameters for the use of continuous and bilevel positive airway pressure devices to treat adult patients with sleep-related breathing disordersClete A Kushida
Stanford University Center of Excellence for Sleep Disorders, Stanford, CA, USA
Sleep 29:375-80. 2006..9) CPAP and BPAP therapy are safe; side effects and adverse events are mainly minor and reversible. 10) BPAP may be useful in treating some forms of restrictive lung disease or hypoventilation syndromes associated with hypercapnia...
- Treatment of narcolepsy and other hypersomnias of central originMerrill S Wise
Methodist Healthcare Sleep Disorders Center Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Sleep 30:1712-27. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to summarize current knowledge about treatment of narcolepsy and other hypersomnias of central origin...