Stephen C Waring
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Incidence of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and of the parkinsonism-dementia complex of Guam, 1950-1989Stephen C Waring
Epidemiology Discipline, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuroepidemiology 23:192-200. 2004..These findings provide compelling evidence that this spectrum of neurodegenerative diseases continues to have a significant impact on the health of the Chamorro people of Guam...
- The threat of communicable diseases following natural disasters: a public health responseStephen C Waring
Center for Biosecurity and Public Health Preparedness, University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Disaster Manag Response 3:41-7. 2005..This article presents a review of some of the major issues relevant to preparedness and response for natural disasters...
- The utility of geographic information systems (GIS) in rapid epidemiological assessments following weather-related disasters: methodological issues based on the Tropical Storm Allison ExperienceStephen Waring
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Int J Hyg Environ Health 208:109-16. 2005....
- Genome-wide association studies in Alzheimer diseaseStephen C Waring
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health, 1200 Herman Pressler, RAS E629, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Neurol 65:329-34. 2008..The inherent strengths, limitations, and challenges associated with study design issues in the context of AD are presented herein...
- Survival among patients with dementia from a large multi-ethnic populationStephen C Waring
Division of Epidemiology, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 19:178-83. 2005..Our findings are consistent with previous studies and provide compelling evidence that survival from onset or diagnosis of dementia depends more on age than any other factor...
- Staging dementia using Clinical Dementia Rating Scale Sum of Boxes scores: a Texas Alzheimer's research consortium studySid E O'Bryant
Department of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Science, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th St, STOP 8321, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1091-5. 2008..The Clinical Dementia Rating Scale Sum of Boxes (CDR-SOB) score is commonly used, although the utility regarding this score in staging dementia severity is not well established...
- Combined use of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and flow cytometry to detect antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi in domestic canines in TexasSean V Shadomy
Center for Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:313-9. 2004..cruzi infection. Seroprevalence survey results suggest that T. cruzi antibody-positive domestic canines in the peridomestic setting are present in the Houston, Tex., region and further suggest that T. cruzi is enzootic in the region...