Zhiyue J Wang
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Evaluation of iron overload by single voxel MRS measurement of liver T2Zhiyue J Wang
Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 15:395-400. 2002..To overcome the difficulty of poor signal-to-noise ratio of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in evaluating heavy iron overload by using a single voxel magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) technique...
- Towards a complete coil arrayZhiyue J Wang
Edward B Singleton Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 26:1310-5. 2008..We demonstrate that a coil array can be configured to approximate a truncated complete array coil and to generate the basis magnetic vector fields up to certain orders in the multipole expansion of the electromagnetic fields...
- Achieving plane-wise uniform B1 amplitude in a 3D volume for high-field MRI: a computer simulation studyZhiyue J Wang
Edward B Singleton Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:218-25. 2006..To demonstrate the possibility of achieving plane-wise uniform B(1) field amplitude for human head imaging with an array coil configuration by using computer simulations...
- 1/T2 and magnetic susceptibility measurements in a gerbil cardiac iron overload modelZhiyue J Wang
Department of Radiology, Divisions of Hematology and Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
Radiology 234:749-55. 2005..To measure the transverse relaxation rate (1/T2) and magnetic susceptibility of the heart in conditions of iron overload by using magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and to correlate these with the tissue iron concentration in a gerbil model...
- In vivo measurement of brain metabolites using two-dimensional double-quantum MR spectroscopy--exploration of GABA levels in a ketogenic dietZhiyue J Wang
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Magn Reson Med 49:615-9. 2003..In addition to major metabolites and GABA, low-level metabolites (valine, leucine, and glutathione) were also identified in the 2D spectra...
- Minimum SNR and acquisition for bias-free estimation of fractional anisotropy in diffusion tensor imaging - a comparison of two analytical techniques and field strengthsYoungseob Seo
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 30:1123-33. 2012..Studies using DTI to study WM injury should document that bias-free SNR has been achieved in the region of the brain being studied as part of quality control...
- Assessment of cardiac iron by MRI susceptometry and R2* in patients with thalassemiaZhiyue J Wang
Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 28:363-71. 2010..96, P<.0001), and linear regression analysis yielded CIC (microg Fe/g(wet tissue))=(6.4+/-0.4).R2* (septum) (s(-1)) - (120+/-40). The results demonstrated that septal R2* indeed measures cardiac iron level...
- Brain activation during working memory after traumatic brain injury in childrenMary R Newsome
Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurocase 13:16-24. 2007..Our findings of performance and brain activation changes in children after TBI await longitudinal investigation...
- Diffusion tensor imaging of hemispheric asymmetries in the developing brainElisabeth A Wilde
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Alliance of Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 31:205-18. 2009....
- The relationship of resting cerebral blood flow and brain activation during a social cognition task in adolescents with chronic moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: a preliminary investigationMary R Newsome
Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, United States
Int J Dev Neurosci 30:255-66. 2012....
- Strength exercise improves muscle mass and hepatic insulin sensitivity in obese youthGert Jan van der Heijden
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:1973-80. 2010..Data on the metabolic effects of resistance exercise (strength training) in adolescents are limited...
- Diffusion tensor imaging metrics in neonates-a comparison of manual region-of-interest analysis vs. tract-based spatial statisticsYoungseob Seo
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
Pediatr Radiol 43:69-79. 2013..Diffusion tensor data can be analyzed using region-of-interest (ROI) analysis and tract-based spatial statistics (TBSS). There is essentially no literature validating or comparing these techniques in the neonate...
- MRI measurement of hepatic magnetic susceptibility-phantom validation and normal subject studiesZili Chu
Edward B Singleton Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:1318-27. 2004..All images were collected at 1.5 T using a 3D T(1)-weighted turbo field echo sequence for inflow MR angiographies with full flow compensation and capable of cardiac synchronization, navigator gating, and motion correction...
- Brain proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and neuromuscular pathology in a patient with GM1 gangliosidosisNicola Brunetti-Pierri
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Child Neurol 23:73-8. 2008..Histologically, no significant alterations were found in axons, but there was evidence of redundant and inappropriately folded myelin, which is a feature attributed to disturbed axon-glial interactions...
- Late proton MR spectroscopy in children after traumatic brain injury: correlation with cognitive outcomesJill V Hunter
Department of O I, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:482-8. 2005..We studied the relationship of frontoparietal NAA, choline (Cho), and creatine (Cr) to test the hypothesis that reduction in NAA is predictive of cognitive outcome...
- Correcting the effects of background microcirculation in the measurement of arterial input functions using dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI of the brainRobert J Thornton
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 24:619-23. 2006..D.=4.7+/-0.9 and 4.3+/-0.8 s, before and after correction, with P<.001). With the use of the corrected AIF, the measured MTT had increased values in areas of both gray and white matter...
- Improving SNR of RF coils using composite coil elementsZhiyue J Wang
Department of Radiology, Children s Medical Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
NMR Biomed 22:952-9. 2009..The coil loading by the medium becomes more dominant at 170 and 298 MHz, and the differences between the realistic SNR and ISNR become smaller at these higher frequencies...
- A 12-week aerobic exercise program reduces hepatic fat accumulation and insulin resistance in obese, Hispanic adolescentsGert Jan van der Heijden
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:384-90. 2010..Thus, a controlled aerobic exercise program, without weight loss, reduced hepatic and visceral fat accumulation, and decreased insulin resistance in obese adolescents...
- A quality assurance protocol for diffusion tensor imaging using the head phantom from American College of RadiologyZhiyue J Wang
Department of Radiology, Children s Medical Center of Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Med Phys 38:4415-21. 2011..To propose a quality assurance procedure for routine clinical diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) using the widely available American College of Radiology (ACR) head phantom...
- MR diffusion imaging and MR spectroscopy of maple syrup urine disease during acute metabolic decompensationWajanat Jan
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Neuroradiology 45:393-9. 2003..However, in the context of metabolic decompensation in MSUD, it appears that changes in cell osmolarity and metabolism can reverse completely after metabolic correction...
- Feeling sounds after a thalamic lesionTony Ro
Department of Psychology, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005 1892, USA
Ann Neurol 62:433-41. 2007..We show that the human VL also plays a prominent role in sensory processing...
- Magnetic susceptibility quantitation with MRI by solving boundary value problemsLin Li
Metabolic Magnetic Resonance Research and Computing Center, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Med Phys 30:449-53. 2003..It has also been realized that MRI provides an experimental means of solving some boundary value problems of partial differential equations, if proper boundary condition can be set up...
- Simulation of Mb/Hb in NIRS and oxygen gradient in the human and canine skeletal muscles using H-NMR and NIRSShoko Nioka
Dept of Biochemistry and Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 578:223-8. 2006
- Brain H2D MRS: Implemation and Initial ApplicationsZhiyue Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..2D MRS will also be used to characterize unusual peaks found in clinical practice. ..