Affiliation: Texas State University
- Exposure to fluorescent light triggers down regulation of genes involved with mitotic progression in Xiphophorus skinRonald B Walter
Molecular Bioscience Research Group and Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX 78666, United States Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 178:93-103. 2015..Current efforts are aimed at determining specific wavelengths that may lead to differential expression among the many genes affected by fluorescent light exposure. ..
- Workshop report: The medaka model for comparative assessment of human disease mechanismsRonald B Walter
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center, Texas State University, 419 Centennial Hall, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 178:156-62. 2015..Here, we present a summary report stemming from workshop presentations and subsequent round table discussions and forward recommendations from this group that we believe represent views of the overall medaka research community. ..
- Transcriptome analysis of female and male Xiphophorus maculatus Jp 163 AZiping Zhang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Molecular Biosciences Research Group, Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18379. 2011..To gain a global view of the molecular mechanism(s) whereby gene expression may influence sexual dimorphism in Xiphophorus and to develop a database for future studies, we performed a large-scale transcriptome study...
- Comprehensive phylogenetic analysis of all species of swordtails and platies (Pisces: Genus Xiphophorus) uncovers a hybrid origin of a swordtail fish, Xiphophorus monticolus, and demonstrates that the sexually selected sword originated in the ancestral liJi Hyoun Kang
Lehrstuhl fur Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Universitätsstraße 10, Konstanz 78457, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 13:25. 2013..Based on the phylogeny, the evolutionary history and character state evolution of the sword was reconstructed and found to have originated in the common ancestral lineage of the genus Xiphophorus and that it was lost again secondarily...
- RNA-Seq reveals complex genetic response to Deepwater Horizon oil release in Fundulus grandisTzintzuni I Garcia
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666 4616, USA
BMC Genomics 13:474. 2012..This application of RNA-Seq to a non-model, wild, and ecologically significant organism is an important evaluation of the technology to quickly assess similar events in the future...
- Lineage-specific co-evolution of the Egf receptor/ligand signaling systemJuliette A G C Laisney
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 10:27. 2010....
- A microsatellite genetic linkage map for XiphophorusR B Walter
Molecular Biosciences Research Group, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos 78666, USA
Genetics 168:363-72. 2004..The microsatellite markers we report can be easily adapted to any Xiphophorus interspecies and some intraspecies crosses, and thus provide a means to directly compare results derived from independent experiments...
- Phylogenomics reveals extensive reticulate evolution in Xiphophorus fishesRongfeng Cui
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, TAMU, College Station, Texas, 77843, USA
Evolution 67:2166-79. 2013....
- Xiphophorus interspecies hybrids as genetic models of induced neoplasiaR B Walter
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University (SWTSU, San Marcos, Texas, USA
ILAR J 42:299-321. 2001..The particular genetic complexity of melanoma in these fishes is analyzed and reviewed...
- MNU induction of neoplasia in a platyfish modelS Kazianis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas 78666, USA
Lab Invest 81:1191-8. 2001....
- Characterization of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (O(6)-MGMT) activity in Xiphophorus fishesR B Walter
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University, 419 Centennial Hall, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
Mutat Res 493:11-22. 2001..Comparison of O(6)-MGMT activity between Xiphophorus species employed in tumor induction experiments did not indicate significant differences in ability to clear the pre-mutagenic O(6)-MG from the oligonucleotide substrate...
- ENHANCED DEVELOPMENT OF THE XIPHOPHORUS MODEL SYSTEMRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRANSPOSON ACTIVE TRANSGENIC XIPHOPHORUSRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE XIPHOPHORUS GENETIC STOCK CENTERRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..