Affiliation: Texas State University
- Comprehensive phylogenetic analysis of all species of swordtails and platies (Pisces: Genus Xiphophorus) uncovers a hybrid origin of a swordtail fish, Xiphophorus monticolus, and demonstrates that the sexually selected sword originated in the ancestral liJi Hyoun Kang
Lehrstuhl fur Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Universitätsstraße 10, Konstanz 78457, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 13:25. 2013..Based on the phylogeny, the evolutionary history and character state evolution of the sword was reconstructed and found to have originated in the common ancestral lineage of the genus Xiphophorus and that it was lost again secondarily...
- RNA-Seq reveals complex genetic response to Deepwater Horizon oil release in Fundulus grandisTzintzuni I Garcia
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666 4616, USA
BMC Genomics 13:474. 2012..This application of RNA-Seq to a non-model, wild, and ecologically significant organism is an important evaluation of the technology to quickly assess similar events in the future...
- Lineage-specific co-evolution of the Egf receptor/ligand signaling systemJuliette A G C Laisney
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 10:27. 2010....
- A microsatellite genetic linkage map for XiphophorusR B Walter
Molecular Biosciences Research Group, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos 78666, USA
Genetics 168:363-72. 2004..The microsatellite markers we report can be easily adapted to any Xiphophorus interspecies and some intraspecies crosses, and thus provide a means to directly compare results derived from independent experiments...
- Characterization of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (O(6)-MGMT) activity in Xiphophorus fishesR B Walter
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University, 419 Centennial Hall, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
Mutat Res 493:11-22. 2001..Comparison of O(6)-MGMT activity between Xiphophorus species employed in tumor induction experiments did not indicate significant differences in ability to clear the pre-mutagenic O(6)-MG from the oligonucleotide substrate...
- MNU induction of neoplasia in a platyfish modelS Kazianis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas 78666, USA
Lab Invest 81:1191-8. 2001....
- Xiphophorus interspecies hybrids as genetic models of induced neoplasiaR B Walter
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Southwest Texas State University (SWTSU, San Marcos, Texas, USA
ILAR J 42:299-321. 2001..The particular genetic complexity of melanoma in these fishes is analyzed and reviewed...
- TRANSPOSON ACTIVE TRANSGENIC XIPHOPHORUSRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCED DEVELOPMENT OF THE XIPHOPHORUS MODEL SYSTEMRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- THE XIPHOPHORUS GENETIC STOCK CENTERRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..