DOROTHY KIM WALLER
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- A case-control study of maternal bathing habits and risk for birth defects in offspringA J Agopian
Human Genetics Center, Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, 1200 Herman Pressler Dr, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Environ Health 12:88. 2013..Thus, we assessed the relationships between bathing habits during pregnancy and the risk for several nonsyndromic birth defects in offspring...
- Use of oral contraceptives in pregnancy and major structural birth defects in offspringDOROTHY KIM WALLER
The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Epidemiology 21:232-9. 2010....
- Prepregnancy obesity as a risk factor for structural birth defectsD Kim Waller
School of Public Health, The University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:745-50. 2007..To describe the relation between maternal obesity, overweight and underweight status, and 16 categories of structural birth defects...
- The population-based prevalence of achondroplasia and thanatophoric dysplasia in selected regions of the USD K Waller
Houston Health Science Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2385-9. 2008..Birth defects monitoring programs may be a good source of ascertainment for population-based studies of achondroplasia and thanatophoric dysplasia, provided that diagnoses are confirmed by review of medical records...
- Maternal fever during early pregnancy and the risk of oral cleftsS Shahrukh Hashmi
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:186-94. 2010..This finding suggests that adequate control of fever may diminish the deleterious effects of fever in cases of oral cleft...
- Association between prepregnancy maternal body mass index and the risk of having an infant with a congenital diaphragmatic herniaD Kim Waller
School of Public Health, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:73-6. 2003..The objective of the current study was to examine the association between maternal body mass index and the risk of a CDH-affected offspring based on a larger number of cases of CDH...
- Is maternal parity an independent risk factor for birth defects?Hao T Duong
The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:230-6. 2012..We investigated the relation between levels of parity and a range of birth defects, adjusting each defect group for the same covariates...
- Relationship between maternal obesity and adverse pregnancy outcomesD Kim Waller
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 55:197-207; discussion 207-11. 2005
- Prevalence of nonsyndromic oral clefts in Texas: 1995-1999Syed Shahrukh Hashmi
University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston School of Public Health, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Med Genet A 134:368-72. 2005..Overall, it appears that folic acid fortification has had very little or no effect on the prevalence of oral clefts in infants born in Texas...
- The association between use of spermicides or male condoms and major structural birth defectsM Shayne Gallaway
School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Contraception 80:422-9. 2009..Women may become pregnant while using contraceptives. Commonly used contraceptives containing spermicides may or may not be associated with an increased occurrence of structural birth defects...
- Maternal obesity, gestational diabetes, and central nervous system birth defectsJames L Anderson
The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Houston, Texas, USA
Epidemiology 16:87-92. 2005..Our objective was to evaluate whether gestational diabetes influenced the association of prepregnancy maternal obesity and risks for CNS birth defects...
- Polytomous logistic regression as a tool for exploring heterogeneity across birth defect subtypes: an example using anencephaly and spina bifidaPhilip J Lupo
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:701-5. 2010..Although the validity of using composite phenotypes has been questioned, formal evaluations of the underlying assumption of effect homogeneity across component phenotypes have not been conducted...
- Prevalence of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis in Texas, 1999-2002Jing Wang
The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 82:763-7. 2008..This descriptive study of IHPS focuses on the effect of maternal nativity, maternal Hispanic ethnicity, subtypes of maternal Asian ethnicity, and the timing of the infant's surgery, that is, pyloromyotomy...