Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- So, he's a little premature...what's the big deal?M Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Nursing, 6901 Bertner Avenue, Suite 565, Houston, TX 77459, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 21:149-61. 2009..The need for emergency department visits after hospital discharge and what is currently known regarding neurodevelopmental outcomes are also presented...
- The chilling details: hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyM Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Houston, TX 77459, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 23:59-68; quiz 69-70. 2009..Hypothermia strategies are aimed at targeting this narrow window of opportunity to ameliorate the brain injury...
- Oxygen saturation levels in the first 30 minutes of lifeM Terese Verklan
Department of Systems, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 8:231-6. 2008....
- Analysis of fetal heart rate variability obtained by magnetocardiographyM Terese Verklan
Department of Nursing Systems, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 77030, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 20:343-8. 2006..To obtain fetal magnetocardiogram (fMCG) recordings in preterm fetuses in both shielded and unshielded clinical settings...
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn: not a honeymoon anymoreM Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Nursing Houston, Tex, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 20:108-12. 2006..The article will summarize the latest understanding of the pathophysiology and review innovations in management strategies that have greatly decreased mortality and morbidity since the advent of neonatal intensive care units...
- Spectral analysis of heart rate variability: an emerging tool for assessing stability during transition to extrauterine lifeM Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, 77030, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 33:256-65. 2004..The technique of spectral analysis as a new tool for surveillance of the at-risk fetus and neonate is then introduced, and implications for clinical practice and future research avenues are discussed...
- Malpractice and the neonatal intensive-care nurseM Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 33:116-23. 2004..By adhering to recognized and accepted internal and external policies, neonatal nurses will uphold the standard of care set for their area of practice and avoid legal liability...
- A comparison of fetal and neonatal heart rate variability at similar post-menstrual agesNikhil S Padhye
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008:2801-4. 2008..Multiscale entropy was also higher in fetuses than in prematurely born neonates. These results suggest that the autonomic balance is poorer among neonates born prematurely than in fetuses of identical post-menstrual age...
- Longitudinal assessment of heart rate variability in very low birth weight infants during their NICU stayAsif Z Khattak
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Department of Pediatrics, 6431 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77339, USA
Early Hum Dev 83:361-6. 2007..Maturation of the autonomic nervous system has not been studied in high-risk very low birth weight (VLBW) infants in the first few weeks of life...
- Change in complexity of fetal heart rate variabilityNikhil S Padhye
Univ of Texas Health Sci Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:1796-8. 2006..This suggests that there is distinct maturation of the autonomic nervous system during this period...
- Heart rate variability as an indicator of outcome in congenital diaphragmatic hernia with and without ECMO supportM Terese Verklan
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Systems and Technology, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Perinatol 24:247-51. 2004..To examine differences in the spectral power content in neonates diagnosed with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) who survive or succumb...
- Maximizing patient safety: filter needle use with glass ampulesGina M Heiss-Harris
Pediatrix Medical Group, Austin, TX, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 19:74-81. 2005..The article promotes the continued change in nursing practice regarding nurses erring on the side of safety, with the ultimate goal of improving patient safety and outcome...
- Recharge your batteriesM Terese Verklan
Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist School of Nursing University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 22:167-8. 2008
- Physiologic variability during transition to extrauterine lifeM Terese Verklan
School of Nursing, The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 24:41-56; quiz 2 p following 83. 2002....
- HEART RATE DURING TRANSITION TO EXTRAUTERINE LIFEM Verklan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is anticipated that the use of this advanced technology will strengthen clinical practice due to an enhanced ability to better evaluate neurophysiologic indicators of stability of both the healthy and compromised fetus and neonate. ..