Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Group B Streptococcus induces TNF-alpha gene expression and activation of the transcription factors NF-kappa B and activator protein-1 in human cord blood monocytesJ G Vallejo
Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 165:419-25. 2000..Therefore, disrupting the signal transduction pathways induced by GBS has the potential to attenuate the production of immune response mediators, thereby halting or possibly reversing the course of this potentially fatal disease...
- Role of toll-like receptors in cardiovascular diseasesJesus G Vallejo
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, 77030, USA
Clin Sci (Lond) 121:1-10. 2011..In the present review, we outline the biology of TLRs as well as the current experimental and clinical evidence for the role of TLRs in cardiovascular diseases...
- Viral causes of cardiac inflammationNeil E Bowles
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 18:182-8. 2003..Finally a receptor for viral double stranded RNA (TLR-3) was identified. The role of this receptor in the innate immune response against cardiotropic viruses has yet to be elucidated...
- Antiinflammatory therapy in myocarditisJesus Vallejo
Winters Center for Heart Failure Research, Cardiology Section, Medical Care Line, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 18:189-93. 2003....
- Regulation of hepatic drug-metabolizing enzyme genes by Toll-like receptor 4 signaling is independent of Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain-containing adaptor proteinRomi Ghose
College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:95-101. 2008..This shows that although TIRAP mediates inflammatory responses induced by LPS, it is not essential in regulating LPS-mediated alterations of gene expression in liver...
- Cardiac Depression in Gram-Positive Sepsis--Role of TLR2Jesus Vallejo; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide definitive new information with respect to the mechanisms responsible for the deleterious effects of gram-positive sepsis on cardiac function and structure. ..
- Role of Toll-like Receptors 3 and 4 in Viral Heart DiseaseJesus G Vallejo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies proposed in this grant will give us a better understanding of the disease and may lead to improved treatment options. ..