Affiliation: Texas Woman's University
- Validity of the Sitting Balance Scale in older adults who are non-ambulatory or have limited functional mobilityMary Thompson
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Dallas, TX, USA
Clin Rehabil 27:166-73. 2013....
- Forward and lateral sitting functional reach in younger, middle-aged, and older adultsMary Thompson
Texas Woman s University, School of Physical Therapy, Dallas, TX 74231, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 30:43-8. 2007....
- Screening for falls and osteoporosis: prevention practice for the hand therapistMary Thompson
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
J Hand Ther 23:212-28; quiz 229. 2010....
- Development, reliability, and validity of the Sitting Balance ScaleAnn Medley
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Dallas, United States
Physiother Theory Pract 27:471-81. 2011..The SBS is the first attempt to assess lower balance abilities. Further assessment of the tool's validity with larger and varied samples is necessary...
- Predicting the probability of falls in community dwelling persons with brain injury: a pilot studyAnn Medley
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, 8194 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231 4365, USA
Brain Inj 20:1403-8. 2006..To determine the usefulness of select balance and functional mobility measures in predicting fall risk in community dwelling persons with brain injury (BI) and to develop a model to quantify fall risk...
- Treadmill training post stroke: are there any secondary benefits? A pilot studyPatricia S Smith
Department of Physical Therapy, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75239 8876, USA
Clin Rehabil 22:997-1002. 2008..To explore the secondary benefits of treadmill training for people in the chronic stage of recovery from stroke...
- Contribution of age and balance confidence to functional mobility test performance: diagnostic accuracy of L test and normal-paced timed up and goAnn Medley
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Dallas
J Geriatr Phys Ther 38:8-16. 2015..Purposes were to determine the contribution of age and balance confidence to functional mobility, determine the association between balance confidence and fall risk, and propose cutoffs...
- Quality of life and physical performance in land- and water-based pulmonary rehabilitationAna M Lotshaw
Baylor Martha Foster Lung Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 27:247-51. 2007..The training effects of a water environment in pulmonary patients have only been briefly investigated. The purpose of this retrospective study was to compare quality of life and physical performance in land- and water-based PR...
- Relationships among measures of knee musculoskeletal impairments, gross motor function, and walking efficiency in children with cerebral palsyHui Ting Goh
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Women s University, Dallas, Texas, USA
Pediatr Phys Ther 18:253-61. 2006....