Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Human methadone self-administration: effects of diazepam pretreatmentR Spiga
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, 77030, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 9:40-6. 2001..Diazepam pretreatment significantly decreased the amount of methadone consumed. The 10- and 20-mg diazepam doses significantly increased reports of good, like, strong, and high...
- Effects of nicotine on methadone self-administration in humansR Spiga
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 50:157-65. 1998..Ratings of cigarette craving were significantly less following ad libitum smoking or administration of 4-mg nicotine gum, than following abstinence. Implications for understanding opioid and nicotine interactions are discussed...
- Human ethanol self-administration. I: The interaction between response requirement and ethanol doseR Spiga
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Behav Pharmacol 8:91-100. 1997..Ethanol consumption was sensitive to unit price with 53-82% of the variance explained by the unit price analysis...
- Context modulates effects of nicotine abstinence on human cooperative respondingR Spiga
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Mental Sciences Institute, Houston 77030, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 6:390-8. 1998..The difference in the effects of nicotine abstinence on the 2 classes of cooperative responding demonstrates that the social contingency mediates the behavioral effects of abstinence...
- Use of the Zung depression scale in patients with traumatic brain injury: 1 year post-injuryD B Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Brain Inj 19:903-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine if the physical disabilities of patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) would influence the assessment of depression when using the Zung depression scale...