Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Storey S, Huang H, McIntosh A, Martin G, Kier A, Schroeder F. Impact of Fabp1/Scp-2/Scp-x gene ablation (TKO) on hepatic phytol metabolism in mice. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:1153-1165 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that: 1) SCP-2 and FABP1 both facilitated phytol metabolism after its conversion to phytanic acid; and 2) SCP-2/SCP-x had a greater impact on hepatic phytol metabolism than FABP1. ..
- Martin G, Landrock D, Chung S, Dangott L, McIntosh A, Mackie J, et al. Loss of fatty acid binding protein-1 alters the hepatic endocannabinoid system response to a high-fat diet. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:2114-2126 pubmed publisher..Thus, pair-fed HFD selectively impacted hepatic ECs more in females, but did not elicit NAFLD in either sex. These effects were modified by LKO consistent with FABP1's ability to impact EC and FA metabolism. ..
- McIntosh A, Storey S, Huang H, Kier A, Schroeder F. Sex-dependent impact of Scp-2/Scp-x gene ablation on hepatic phytol metabolism. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;635:17-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, the loss of Scp-2/Scp-x contributed to a sex-dependent hepatic accumulation of dietary phytol and BCFA. ..
- McIntosh A, Huang H, Storey S, Landrock K, Landrock D, Petrescu A, et al. Human FABP1 T94A variant impacts fatty acid metabolism and PPAR-? activation in cultured human female hepatocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2014;307:G164-76 pubmed publisher..Thus the FABP1 T94A variant represents an altered/reduced function mutation resulting in TG accumulation. ..
- Martin G, Atshaves B, Landrock K, Landrock D, Storey S, Howles P, et al. Ablating L-FABP in SCP-2/SCP-x null mice impairs bile acid metabolism and biliary HDL-cholesterol secretion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2014;307:G1130-43 pubmed publisher..Conversely, SCP-2/SCP-x may function more in formation and biliary secretion of bile acid, with less impact on hepatic uptake or biliary secretion of HDL-cholesterol. ..