Toni S Roddey
Affiliation: Texas Woman's University
- A randomized controlled trial comparing 2 instructional approaches to home exercise instruction following arthroscopic full-thickness rotator cuff repair surgeryToni S Roddey
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Houston 77030, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 32:548-59. 2002..A prospective unblinded randomized clinical trial...
- The relationship among strength and mobility measures and self-report outcome scores in persons after rotator cuff repair surgery: impairment measures are not enoughToni S Roddey
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University Houston Center, 1130 John Freeman Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 14:95S-98S. 2005..Future research should evaluate the nature of patient judgments of shoulder health outcomes...
- Functional activities characteristics of shoulder complex movements: Exploration with a 3-D electromagnetic measurement systemJiu Jenq Lin
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Houston, TX, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 42:199-210. 2005..62 to 0.50, p < 0.05). Correlation results indicated that elderly subjects have a greater potential for serratus anterior muscle weakness and shoulder capsule tightness...
- Outcome expectancies, functional outcomes, and expectancy fulfillment for patients with shoulder problemsKimberly J O'Malley
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Houston VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Section of Health Services Research, VA Medical Center 152, Houston, Texas 78753, USA
Med Care 42:139-46. 2004..This study was conducted to evaluate the relationship among patient outcome expectancies, perceived shoulder function changes, and perceptions of expectancy fulfillment...
- Development of a Flexilevel Scale for use with computer-adaptive testing for assessing shoulder functionKaron F Cook
Houston Veterans Affairs Parkinson s Research and Educational Center, Houston VAMC, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 14:90S-94S. 2005..This simulation is based on the developmental items we tested for use in the FLEX-SF. The results indicate that greater measurement efficiency can be achieved with a computer-adaptive test format...
- Dynamic assessment of health outcomes: time to let the CAT out of the bag?Karon F Cook
Veterans Affairs Measurement of Excellence Training Resource Information Center, Houston Center of Quality Care and Utilization Studies, Houston, TX 77007, USA
Health Serv Res 40:1694-711. 2005..Perhaps the most important application of IRT is computer-adaptive testing (CAT), a measurement approach in which the selection of items is tailored for each respondent...
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the Flexilevel Scale of Shoulder FunctionKaron F Cook
Veterans Administration Parkinson s Disease Research, Education and Clinical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Care 41:823-35. 2003..A more efficient approach is to use modern psychometric methods to construct an adaptive scale in which patients respond only to items that are targeted at their level of shoulder function...
- Reliability of selected physical performance tests in young adult womenAlexis Ortiz
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Strength Cond Res 19:39-44. 2005..041; p < or = 0.004) for all tests. The results showed that these physical performance tests are reliable measurement tools in the female population...
- Diagnostic value of clinical grind test for carpometacarpal osteoarthritis of the thumbMelissa M Merritt
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Houston, Texas, USA
J Hand Ther 23:261-7; quiz 268. 2010..Clinical Measurement...
- Functional activity characteristics of individuals with shoulder dysfunctionsJiu Jenq Lin
School and Graduate Institute of Physical Therapy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, ROC
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 15:576-86. 2005..Scapular tipping, scapular elevation, upper trapezius muscle function, and serratus anterior muscle function may have implications in the rehabilitation of patients with SDs...
- Altered patterns of muscle activation during performance of four functional tasks in patients with shoulder disorders: interpretation from voluntary response indexJiu Jenq Lin
School of Physical Therapy and National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 16:458-68. 2006..85-0.96, normal subjects: 0.95-1.00). Our results also suggest that an individual can be estimated to be abnormal when lower SI values are observed during the four functional tasks...
- Shoulder dysfunction assessment: self-report and impaired scapular movementsJiu Jeng Lin
School of Physical Therapy and National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100, Taiwan, Republic of China
Phys Ther 86:1065-74. 2006..Shoulder dysfunction is common in various patient populations. This investigation was performed to assess shoulder dysfunction with self-report and performance-based functional measures...