Emily K Robinson
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Rat gastric gelatinase induction during endotoxemiaEmily K Robinson
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:548-59. 2006..Furthermore, selective metalloproteinase inhibition ameliorated gastric injury in this model. These data suggest that lipopolysaccharide-induced gastric injury is mediated, at least in part, by increased MMP-2 production...
- Differential effects of luminal arginine and glutamine on metalloproteinase production in the postischemic gutEmily K Robinson
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 32:433-8. 2008..We therefore hypothesized that arginine would enhance expression of MMP-2 in the postischemic gut...
- Salicylate enhances rat gastric gelatinase activityEmily K Robinson
Department of Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, USA
J Surg Res 133:69-75. 2006..We recently demonstrated that increased MMP-2 activity participated in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced gastric injury. Thus we hypothesized that MMPs may play a role in other models of gastric injury...
- Effect of NOS inhibition on rat gastric matrix metalloproteinase production during endotoxemiaEmily K Robinson
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Shock 25:507-14. 2006..Therefore, the purpose of these studies was to compare the effects of selective and nonselective NOS inhibition on LPS-induced gastric MMP production...
- Rat gastric injury after lipopolysaccharide: role of inducible nitric oxide synthaseEmily K Robinson
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77026, USA
Surgery 138:523-9. 2005..The effects of long-term treatment with LPS on gastric injury are unknown as is the role of iNOS. We hypothesized that LPS would cause macroscopic gastric injury at later time points through an iNOS-dependent pathway...
- Ketamine attenuates liver injury attributed to endotoxemia: role of cyclooxygenase-2James W Suliburk
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 77030, USA
Surgery 138:134-40. 2005..Because ketamine anesthesia has anti-inflammatory effects in some tissues, we hypothesized that it would attenuate lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced liver injury...
- Time-dependent aggravation or attenuation of lipopolysaccharide-induced gastric injury by nitric oxide synthase inhibitionJames W Suliburk
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77026, USA
J Surg Res 129:265-71. 2005....
- Preliminary testing of a just-in-time, user-defined values clarification exercise to aid lower literate women in making informed breast cancer treatment decisionsMaria L Jibaja-Weiss
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77098, USA
Health Expect 9:218-31. 2006..To report on the initial testing of a values clarification exercise utilizing a jewellery box within a computerized patient decision aid (CPtDA) designed to assist women in making a surgical breast cancer treatment decision...
- The effect of age on race-related breast cancer survival disparitiesCurtis J Wray
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2541-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to validate earlier findings in a larger, more diverse cohort and to test the hypothesis that breast cancer survival is influenced by the dependent relationship of age and race...
- Entertainment education for informed breast cancer treatment decisions in low-literate women: development and initial evaluation of a patient decision aidMaria L Jibaja-Weiss
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77098, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:133-9. 2006....
- Diverticulitis in the younger patientSonlee D West
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77026, USA
Am J Surg 186:743-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the presentation of diverticulitis at an urban county hospital serving predominantly indigent patients and to analyze the differences, if any, in presentation and treatment in younger patients...
- Relationship between documentation status and survival for medically underserved Hispanic breast cancer patientsEduardo Castro-Echeverry
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77026, USA
J Surg Res 180:284-9. 2013..Undocumented immigrants have been shown to be predisposed to worse clinical outcomes than the general population. This study examines survival in socioeconomically disadvantaged Hispanic documented and undocumented breast cancer patients...
- Does upregulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase play a role in hepatic injury?Terrence H Liu
Shock 18:549-54. 2002..The data also suggest that the constitutive isoforms of NOS play a hepatoprotective role in both models of hepatic injury...
- Matrix Metalloproteinases in Gastric InjuryEmily Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..These facilities as well as close guidance and supervision from her sponsor will ensure success of the proposed project. ..