R E Roberts
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Prevalence and correlates of depression in an aging cohort: the Alameda County StudyR E Roberts
University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 52:S252-8. 1997..Apparent age-related effects on depression are attributable to physical health problems and related disability...
- Suicidal thinking among adolescents with a history of attempted suicideR E Roberts
Department of Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston 77225, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 37:1294-300. 1998..To examine the risk of suicidal plans and ideation, depression, and other factors (low self-esteem, loneliness, fatalism, pessimism) among adolescents with a lifetime history of attempted suicide...
- Sleep complaints and depression in an aging cohort: A prospective perspectiveR E Roberts
Health Science Center, School of Public Health, The University of Texas at Houston, 77225, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:81-8. 2000..The authors used two waves of data from a panel study of community residents aged 50 years or more to investigate this issue prospectively...
- Obese youths are not more likely to become depressed, but depressed youths are more likely to become obeseR E Roberts
Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Psychol Med 43:2143-51. 2013..We examined whether obesity increases risk of depression, or depression increases risk of obesity, or whether there is a reciprocal effect...
- Differences in nonfatal suicide behaviors among Mexican and European American middle school childrenS R Tortolero
University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, 77030, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 31:214-23. 2001..This study indicates that ethnicity plays an important role in suicidal ideation, but the mechanism remains unclear...
- Prospective association between obesity and depression: evidence from the Alameda County StudyR E Roberts
School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 77225, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:514-21. 2003..To examine the temporal relation between obesity and depression to determine if each constitutes a risk factor for the other...
- Health risk behaviors and work injury among hispanic adolescents and farmworkersM S Vela Acosta
Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, The University of Texas Houston, School of Public Health, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
J Agric Saf Health 13:117-36. 2007..The predictors of work-related injury in the adolescent groups, particularly for farmworkers and migrants who are under additional stress, remain an important occupational health area to be addressed...