Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Cloning and characterization of GEF-H1, a microtubule-associated guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac and Rho GTPasesY Ren
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34954-60. 1998..These results suggest that GEF-H1 may have a direct role in activation of Rac and/or Rho and in bringing the activated GTPase to specific target sites such as microtubules...
- Purification and characterization of the serum amyloid A3 enhancer factorZ Bing
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 274:24649-56. 1999....
- Transcription factor AP-2 functions as a repressor that contributes to the liver-specific expression of serum amyloid A1 geneY Ren
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Program in Genes and Development, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17770-8. 2001..Taken together, our results suggest that AP-2 may function as a transcription repressor to inhibit the expression of not only SAA1 gene but also other liver genes in nonhepatic cells...
- The 58-kDa microspherule protein (MSP58), a nucleolar protein, interacts with nucleolar protein p120Y Ren
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Eur J Biochem 253:734-42. 1998..When the MSP58 protein was overexpressed in COS-7 cells, the nucleolus became irregularly enlarged, which suggests that MSP58 may affect the size and shape of the nucleolus...
- Prostaglandin H synthase-1: evaluation of C-terminus functionY Ren
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston 77030
Arch Biochem Biophys 316:751-7. 1995..The results indicate that the extreme C-terminal region is important to the functional integrity of PGHS-1, but it is not an essential part of the intracellular targeting mechanism...
- Calcitonin is expressed in gonadotropes of the anterior pituitary gland: its possible role in paracrine regulation of lactotrope functionY Ren
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
J Endocrinol 171:217-28. 2001....
- Generation of a constitutively active fragment of PKN in microglia/macrophages after middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsT Ueyama
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Rokkodai-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe, Japan
J Neurochem 79:903-13. 2001..These results suggest that the constitutively active 55-kDa fragment of PKN does not contribute to apoptosis, but may contribute to a function of microglia/macrophages...
- Regulation of osteoprotegerin gene expression in dental follicle cellsG E Wise
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Dent Res 82:298-302. 2003..The PKC-alpha isoform may be critical in OPG regulation because PKC-alpha gene expression is enhanced by PMA and reduced by either CSF-1 or PTHrP...