Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- A chondroitin sulfate chain attached to the bone dentin matrix protein 1 NH2-terminal fragmentChunlin Qin
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Dental Branch, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8034-40. 2006....
- Dentin sialoprotein isoforms: detection and characterization of a high molecular weight dentin sialoproteinChunlin Qin
Department of Basic Sciences, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, 6516 M D Anderson Boulevard, DBB, Room 4 133, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 111:235-42. 2003..Deglycosylation analysis indicates that the slower migration rate of HMW-DSP on SDS-PAGE results from its higher level of carbohydrate modifications...
- Evidence for the proteolytic processing of dentin matrix protein 1. Identification and characterization of processed fragments and cleavage sitesChunlin Qin
Department of Basic Sciences, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34700-8. 2003..Based on its reported specificity, we hypothesize that these scissions are catalyzed by PHEX protein. We envision that the proteolytic processing of DMP1 plays a crucial role during osteogenesis and dentinogenesis...
- Post-translational modifications of sibling proteins and their roles in osteogenesis and dentinogenesisC Qin
The Department of Endodontics and Periodontics, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 15:126-36. 2004....
- Colocalization of dentin matrix protein 1 and dentin sialoprotein at late stages of rat molar developmentOtto Baba
Department of Endodontics and Periodontics, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Dental Branch, 6516 M D Anderson Boulevard, DBB Rm 375, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Matrix Biol 23:371-9. 2004..The unique colocalization of DMP1 and DSPP in tooth development suggests that the two proteins play complementary and/or synergistic roles in formation and maintenance of healthy teeth...
- Detection of dentin sialoprotein in rat periodontiumOtto Baba
Department of Endodontics and Periodontics, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Dental Branch, Houston, Texas, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 112:163-70. 2004..Together, these observations suggest that DSP is involved in formation of the periodontium as well as tooth structures...
- Immunohistochemical study of small integrin-binding ligand, N-linked glycoproteins in reactionary dentin of rat molars at different agesKyle D Moses
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Dental Branch, Houston, 77030, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 114:216-22. 2006..Elevated expression of BSP and OPN, along with a marked decrease of dentin sialoprotein and DMP-1 in RD, suggests a difference in the mechanism of formation of the two forms of dentin...
- Dentin sialoprotein in bone and dentin sialophosphoprotein gene expressed by osteoblastsChunlin Qin
Department of Basic Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Dental Branch, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:179-83. 2003..The data indicate that DSPP is not a tooth-specific protein and that dramatically different regulatory mechanisms governing DSPP expression are involved in tooth and bone...
- Extracellular matrix proteins and the dynamics of dentin formationWilliam T Butler
Department of Basic Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, 6516 MD Anderson Blvd, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Connect Tissue Res 43:301-7. 2002..In summary, the processing of large sialic acid-rich proteins into smaller fragments may be an important part of the controlled conversion of predentin to dentin and osteoid to bone...
- Dentin extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins: comparison to bone ECM and contribution to dynamics of dentinogenesisWilliam T Butler
Department of Basic Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:171-8. 2003..This post-translational processing reaction would represent an important control point in dentinogenesis. Recently, we identified uncleaved DSPP in dentin extracts, which should allow us to test portions of our hypothesis...
- FGFR2 in the dental epithelium is essential for development and maintenance of the maxillary cervical loop, a stem cell niche in mouse incisorsYongshun Lin
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 238:324-30. 2009..The results suggest that the FGFR2 signaling axis plays a role in maintaining the stem cell niche required for incisor development and lifelong growth...
- Identification of full-length dentin matrix protein 1 in dentin and boneBingzhen Huang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 82:401-10. 2008..Our findings indicate that the majority of DMP1 must be cleaved within the cells that synthesize it and that minor amounts of uncleaved DMP1 molecules are secreted into the ECM of dentin and bone...
- MC3T3-E1 cell adhesion to hydroxyapatite with adsorbed bone sialoprotein, bone osteopontin, and bovine serum albuminMatthew T Bernards
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, United States
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 64:236-47. 2008..The influence of BSA on cell binding was shown to be concentration dependant and it is believed that the adsorbed BSA modulates the proliferation state of the bound cells...
- Distribution of SIBLING proteins in the organic and inorganic phases of rat dentin and boneBingzhen Huang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 116:104-12. 2008..The difference in the distribution of the SIBLING proteins between organic and inorganic phases supports the belief that these molecular species play different roles in dentinogenesis and osteogenesis...
- Osteoclast precursor interaction with bone matrix induces osteoclast formation directly by an interleukin-1-mediated autocrine mechanismZhenqiang Yao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9917-24. 2008..TNF could induce c-Fos expression in OCPs at sites of inflammation in bone to promote this autocrine mechanism and thus amplify bone loss...
- An immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study of the pericellular matrix of uneroded hypertrophic chondrocytes in the mandibular condyle of aged c-src-deficient miceShunichi Shibata
Division of Histology, Department of Oral Growth and Development, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, 1757 Kanazawa, Tobetsu cho, Ishikari gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 53:220-30. 2008..The purpose of this study is to determine the phenotype changes of uneroded hypertrophic chondrocytes...
- Adhesion of MC3T3-E1 cells to bone sialoprotein and bone osteopontin specifically bound to collagen IMatthew T Bernards
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:779-87. 2008..In addition, a cell inhibition assay was performed to show that all of the cell binding that occurred throughout these studies was dependent upon integrin interactions with the RGD cell binding moiety...
- Matrix macromolecules in hard tissues control the nucleation and hierarchical assembly of hydroxyapatiteSivakumar Gajjeraman
Department of Oral Biology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:1193-204. 2007..Such understanding of biomolecule controls on biomineralization promises new insights into the controlled synthesis of crystalline structures...
- In vitro effects of dentin matrix protein-1 on hydroxyapatite formation provide insights into in vivo functionsPhilippe H Tartaix
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:18115-20. 2004..These data suggest that, in its native form, DMP1 inhibits mineralization, but when cleaved or dephosphorylated, it initiates mineralization. These in vitro data are consistent with the findings in the DMP1 knockout mouse...
- Spatially and temporally controlled biomineralization is facilitated by interaction between self-assembled dentin matrix protein 1 and calcium phosphate nuclei in solutionGen He
Department of Oral Biology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biochemistry 44:16140-8. 2005....
- Controlling the orientation of bone osteopontin via its specific binding with collagen I to modulate osteoblast adhesionLingyun Liu
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:102-10. 2007..Thus, the specific binding of OPN to collagen I may naturally orient OPN, thus influencing osteoblast adhesion...